BHT to Fue scars?

3 minutes ago, salsasakke said:

Hi! Does it make sense to add BHT to scars? to camourflage them more. I have SMP already but the light reveals them. Thanks for input

IMG-5296 1.png

IMG-5297 1.png

No but good smp work will hide them. On the photos it does not even look like the smp is in the right spot? The white dots are clear to see.

• Like 2

There are just too many of them.  Yet another example of FUE scarring.  Important to recognize it is a lot easier for doctors to use a punch larger than a .9mm.  This truly defeats the whole purpose of doing FUE.  Doctors, you are doing a disservice to your patient.  I do agree with Digi23. SMP would help and then let your hair grow for about a week. 

If you do approach any other clinic to do BHT, pls ask what size punch they'll be using.  

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

1 hour ago, salsasakke said:

I had two passes of SMP to them but i guess it fades too quick from the scars.

Easiest solution is to grow your hair abit longer until you cant see it, doesnt need to be super long. Then cut it at the millimeter every time.

1 hour ago, salsasakke said:

I had two passes of SMP to them but i guess it fades too quick from the scars.

The issue is that scar tissue does not hold ink very well, sometimes the ink will bleed or expand and/ or even change its color.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

20 hours ago, salsasakke said:

Hi! Does it make sense to add BHT to scars? to camourflage them more. I have SMP already but the light reveals them. Thanks for input

IMG-5296 1.png

IMG-5297 1.png

Yes and this is exactly what I did.

Implanting BHT will not only make a graft grow out of the scar making it less visible but it will also return blood vessels (to feed the graft) into your scar tissue making the white dot much less visible. To make matters even better it will allow any future pigments with SMP to take better (this last part is my theory only)

I have 11.000 extractions and no visible white dots.

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Who did the SMP? I have had SMP for scars far worse than this and in my humble opinion you need to research an SMP artist as you would a hair transplant surgeon.

IMG_0056.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2672.jpg

Nice job! Who did that?