Scheduled a visit to eugenix for fue

Hi, I have been visiting the site for a while and after some back and forth of turkey clinics, I have finally decided to have a fue procedure with eugenix.

I am a Norwood 6 and after sending my pics, was told I would need 3500 grafts to cover front/mid scalp.

I have booked a date for 14th Nov. My only concern is usage of finasteride post the procedure as i previously had sides with 1mg. After using it for a year i eventually discontinued to return to normal. I was told to go with lower dosage after ht and if I do get sides, was asked to switch to topical gel. Was told this by coordinator.

I don't have any baldness history in the gene from my maternal/paternal side and everyone in my/extended family have a full head of hair.

I am wondering if there are any alternatives to finasteride as I believe some of the turkey clinics do give some other medication if one doesn't want to use fin.

Any thoughts?

20211109_191910.jpg

20211109_191910.jpg

20211109_191928.jpg

• Like 1

Finasteride is really the only silver bullet to stop hair loss. Other medications and therapies will strengthen hair for sure, but without blocking DHT, you're not tackling the issue at its source and will eventually lose your native hair and transplanted hair. Side effects are rarely seen with topical finasteride, and would consider along side that you also try a micro dose of 0.25 mg of oral finasteride, along with oral minoxidil. 

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

• Like 2

• Administrators

In my opinion, you can try topical finasteride, there is also minoxidil with azaleic acid. But yes finasteride is the most effective treatment, if you haven't tried it, you can give it a shot and if you dont get side effects it will definitely help you.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You can try topical finasteride 0.1% or low dose oral finasteride like 1 mg 3 times per week (3mg total in a week). Most people get side effects from finasteride, because they take more finasteride than they need.

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, densehair2016 said:

I don't have any baldness history in the gene from my maternal/paternal side and everyone in my/extended family have a full head of hair.

@densehair2016 unfortunately you have inherited the MPB gene, hense your Norwood 6 hair loss pattern. I am also a good Norwood 6 and I am having surgery in January with Eugenix. I also went on finasteride 1mg per day for several months and developed sexual side effects so I discontinued the drug. I later commenced micro dosing and I am on 0.5mg of finasteride Monday, Wednesday and Friday. A month ago I increased my Friday dose to 1mg and so far I have not developed any side effects. You could try this option or topical finasteride. Discuss these concerns with Eugenix as they are only more than helpful with any concerns that you may as this has been my experience with them. All the best!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, densehair2016 said:

Hi, I have been visiting the site for a while and after some back and forth of turkey clinics, I have finally decided to have a fue procedure with eugenix.

I am a Norwood 6 and after sending my pics, was told I would need 3500 grafts to cover front/mid scalp.

I have booked a date for 14th Nov. My only concern is usage of finasteride post the procedure as i previously had sides with 1mg. After using it for a year i eventually discontinued to return to normal. I was told to go with lower dosage after ht and if I do get sides, was asked to switch to topical gel. Was told this by coordinator.

I am wondering if there are any alternatives to finasteride as I believe some of the turkey clinics do give some other medication if one doesn't want to use fin.

Any thoughts?

20211109_191910.jpg

20211109_191910.jpg

20211109_191928.jpg

If you do not use Fiansteride then you will lose you're pre existing hair in due time. This will warrant for another procedure in the newly emptied areas. However, topical Fiansteride might help to some extent but it is not as effective as taking the tablets. Other treatments such as Minoxidil, PRP therapies etc can help boost the hair growth but definitely won't stop the progression of baldness. You can try and use 0.5 mg Fiansteride, i.e. 1 mg on alternate days and see of you still feel the side effects. 

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ