Hair Loss Doesn’t Matter? Think Again

• Administrators

Just look at how different these celebrities look bald, keep in mind these guys are top 1% in terms of looks, but get hair makes a enormous difference. Thank god for hair transplants!

4F9CA1FC-2AC1-45B6-BA63-91E2B14260D4.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Z-- said:

Most of these guys are still in the top 1% even without hair.  Pitt and Efron really do need the hair, though...

They’re still attractive guys, but none of them would be leading men without hair. Chris Hemsworth would get cast as a bad guy or racist. Those are the only roles for bald guys.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Just look at how different these celebrities look bald, keep in mind these guys are top 1% in terms of looks, but get hair makes a enormous difference. Thank god for hair transplants!

Edited by Fego
  • Haha 1

The differences are like night and day!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

8 minutes ago, Fego said:

Looks incredible transformation. 

But what are the procedures they do in their transplant to reach this amazing result in terms of naturalness and density?  We need to learn from their experiments

You missed the point, these guys naturally have full heads of hair, the bald pictures are photoshopped.

Gosh, all of these guys look incredibly better with their hair IMHO!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

They’re still attractive guys, but none of them would be leading men without hair. Chris Hemsworth would get cast as a bad guy or racist. Those are the only roles for bald guys.

I think that's fair. I think my point is that some men bald more 'gracefully' than others. Of the above, all three men on the right don't lose too much in terms of appearance, imo. Did you ever see pictures of Zidane or Conte without hair? They actually are still better than 99% of men. That said, for the majority of us, unfortunately, that isn't the case. 

Might be a bone structure thing. Likely a strong jaw and possible beard growth correspond to baldness taking a less devastating toll on appearance. 

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Z-- said:

I think that's fair. I think my point is that some men bald more 'gracefully' than others. Of the above, all three men on the right don't lose too much in terms of appearance, imo. Did you ever see pictures of Zidane or Conte without hair? They actually are still better than 99% of men. That said, for the majority of us, unfortunately, that isn't the case. 

Might be a bone structure thing. Likely a strong jaw and possible beard growth correspond to baldness taking a less devastating toll on appearance. 

Conte looks a lot better with hair. I think Zidane is saved by his hairline, which still gives his face a frame.

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Conte looks a lot better with hair. I think Zidane is saved by his hairline, which still gives his face a frame.

Yep, I get your point. I'd say replace Guardiola with Conte, though I do think Conte pulled off the shaved head very well (even if he is better looking with hair). I'm fairly convinced that bald works better for men with angular jawlines and thicker eyebrows (and any other pseudo-indicators of testosterone). It probably explains the desire to get buff/toned when losing hair, as it removes face fat. 

That said, appreciate you man. It's good to know that having a totally exposed crown can still look decent a-la Zidane (WC 1998) if the hairline remains intact. That's where I'm at in terms of hair loss lol.

Edited by Z--

• Valued Contributor

I think when it comes to being completely bald (or shaved) the older you are the better it looks. In many ways after a certain age shaved looks better than hair when it has gone grey or white. After I had my SMP I had so many people (friends and people who I had met for the first time) tell me how much younger I looked!!???? It wasn’t a one off thing. I think without hair the attention goes more to your immediate facial features like your eyes, your smile, etc. However I do agree the if you have the outline of a hairline (be it real or SMP) it does frame the face better.