Started TRT, started oral Fin

Ronnieman

Was on topical fin for 4 months, seemed to be good results. My hair wasn't bad before then but had noticed a bit of thinning at the back and front in the 2 years before .

Topical fin/min seemed to work well and also the corners of my hairline filled in a bit.

I started TRT this week, and last week I started adding in some oral Fin, 0.25mg a day.

Taking 1mg minox and 25mg RU daily as well.

Maybe I'm paranoid but I noticed the front of my hair look a bit thinner in the last couple of days since the TRT (is that even possible?) so I will start taking 0.5mg oral fin daily now.

I think my ideal is to switch between 1mg and 0.5mg oral fin daily. Ie about 5mg oral fin a week. I hope that does the trick to keep my hair while on TRT 

This is my hair now

20211030_181449.thumb.jpg.eb318cbd874610f69794d02028d0ff49.jpg20211030_181431.thumb.jpg.35df18e58badfbf0130ba3e8977402f0.jpg20211030_181411.thumb.jpg.846f07729a480556fde3f13edd5b2aab.jpg20211030_181333.thumb.jpg.1fc02d37d9d6f03880741796efa6cd1d.jpg20211030_181332.thumb.jpg.ebef36642e24f657dd4ceb0b95d773e6.jpg

What is your T dose and TT and FT ?

Oral fin is well tolerated with TRT. You will partially blocked Allopregnanolone thus using HCG has been shown beneficial down the line as your natural production of progesterone will shut down completely plus whatever little is left will be blocked by Fin.

Ru plus Fin should be enough to save your hairline from further miniaturization if you are on sensible dose of test.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mustang said:

What is your T dose and TT and FT ?

Oral fin is well tolerated with TRT. You will partially blocked Allopregnanolone thus using HCG has been shown beneficial down the line as your natural production of progesterone will shut down completely plus whatever little is left will be blocked by Fin.

Ru plus Fin should be enough to save your hairline from further miniaturization if you are on sensible dose of test.

My T dose is 150mg a week, very standard.

Sorry for my ignorance but what is TT and FT?

Damn, I have not been prescribed HCG. The only issue is that my 'TRT consultant' is really anti-Finasteride, so I haven't told him I'm on it. He did discuss prescribing me HCG if I need it.

I really need to watch the progesterone levels. I heard that can be an issue on TRT and Fin.

Yes I hope the combination of fin, minox and RU will do the job. Although if issues arise I can get a hair system, as I have had T problems all my life and that has caused great suffering, hormone optimization is the first priority.

By the way @mustang is it you who said on one of your threads that you got worse side effects from Topical Fin (Minoxmax) than oral Fin?

It's interesting, my Topical Fin is from Minoxmax too, and I noticed whenever I went above 0.125mg a day, I'd get mild but noticeable sexual sides.

It's only been 11 days but I have greatly reduced the amount of topical fin and substituted it for oral..and I feel no sides at all.

I'm wondering if it's worth just ditching the topical fin altogether and committing to oral fin totally. Thoughts?

Your doctor is the one that should advice you on this.

On my experience using Topical Fin and oral is redundant. I would choose oral fin if on TRT. It also helps keep your hematocrit at bay.

150mg is sensible dose but on the high end (normal is 75mg to 125mg), 140 is already high. 

FT is Free Testosterone, TT is Total Testosterone

• 2 months later...

Guys - My testosterone is 190 and I'm thinking of starting TRT. I'm 43 and libido seems down. Until last year it was great. I took topical fin from minox and stopped in within 2 weeks and then got the topical DUT from fueclinic and stopped that pretty soon too.

Maybe my testosterone was already declining and that's why topical Fin/Dut didn't work for me or other way around.

Anyway, what are your recommendations on how to proceed..I want to grow hair and have libido too :)

9 minutes ago, Panamera13 said:

Guys - My testosterone is 190 and I'm thinking of starting TRT. I'm 43 and libido seems down. Until last year it was great. I took topical fin from minox and stopped in within 2 weeks and then got the topical DUT from fueclinic and stopped that pretty soon too.

Maybe my testosterone was already declining and that's why topical Fin/Dut didn't work for me or other way around.

Anyway, what are your recommendations on how to proceed..I want to grow hair and have libido too :)

When you say it didn't work, what do you mean, seeing as you only took it for a few weeks?

Anyhow, if you're going to hop on TRT, the speed/rate of your hair loss from AGA is going to ramp up, without question. By how much, who knows, but probably by a moderate amount.

The optimal solution to this would be to take finasteride or dutasteride (dut would be the more bulletproof option for obvious reasons) and also some sort of topical AA to combat androgen activity on the scalp itself. For now we don't have much, only really RU or CB, but hopefully kintor will succeed with pyrilutamide and there will be an official, approved option in the near future. 

If I absolutely had to take TRT, I would probably do oral finasteride and RU58841 daily and then maybe topical dut for the sake of it every 7-10 days or so. As long as the TRT dose you're taking is reasonable and is actually only replacing your T levels to the upper mid end of the reference range, this stack will probably serve you well, but it's still not guaranteed you won't notice an acceleration of MPB.

1 hour ago, Panamera13 said:

Hey man! I've been wanting to get on TRT myself and struggle with how to think about it with regards to hair loss prevention.

This guy has a bunch of interesting videos in which he discusses his hair loss regimen along with TRT. Here's one video that may be relevant:

Please keep us posted if you do start TRT and record your journey. It will be helpful to so many! 

• Like 1