Need suggestions on best hair transplant doctor in India currently

I’m a 43 year old and suffering from male pattern baldness for close to 2 decades now. I would want to pursue the options to get my hair transplant done with latest technology. Recently I observed that hair falling from crown part too. If possible looking for options in South India. Any suggestions and advices are welcome. 

I heard Dr Arvind, Dr Radha Palakurthi , Dr Bansal, Dr Pradeep Sethi are more popular in my area/country.

Edited by Andy78

25 minutes ago, Andy78 said:

I’m a 43 year old and suffering from male pattern baldness for close to 2 decades now. I would want to pursue the options to get my hair transplant done with latest technology. Recently I observed that hair falling from crown part too. If possible looking for options in South India. Any suggestions and advices are welcome. 

I heard Dr Arvind, Dr Radha Palakurthi , Dr Bansal, Dr Pradeep Sethi are more popular in my area/country.

Short answer: Eugenix. 😉

• Thanks 1

I also need to mention that I have dandruff problem from past & kind of dermatitis at the back side of my head towards the left side. Could these be issues for my transplant.

Also I work in IT so not sure how many days I need to take days off my work to travel to Delhi & stay there.

I am preferring FUE method. Dr palaparthi is closer to my place.

Also how much would be a price estimate for my hair transplant 

Just now, Andy78 said:

I also need to mention that I have dandruff problem from past & kind of dermatitis at the back side of my head towards the left side. Could these be issues for my transplant.

Also I work in IT so not sure how many days I need to take days off my work to travel to Delhi & stay there.

I am preferring FUE method. Dr palaparthi is closer to my place.

Also how much would be a price estimate for my hair transplant 

They would ask it’s treated as much as possible. I have the same issues and it’s never stopped any of my procedures. The best Idea is consult with Eugenix, Medispa etc as  the price ranges quite a lot. I don’t think I know the other Dr you mentioned, please don’t consider a Dr just because they are closer. You need to see real patient results (lots of them) preferably over the 12 month journey. Be very careful with making a choice. 

5 hours ago, JC71 said:

When it comes to Eugenix I think the top Drs are pretty much on par with each other. Plenty of results here for both Dr Bansal and Dr Sethi. 

The Eugenic clinic is available more nearby to my city i.e. Mumbai or Bhubaneshwar than Delhi which is mentioned in most of the posts of people who have done it here. Also Dr Arika Bansal has clinic in Mumbai. So I was wondering if I can get it done closer with same clinic & same doctor.

Also was looking at ball park value for this

• Valued Contributor

I'm not a doctor but looking at your donor and your hair calibre I would think no further than Eugenix. Personally, also if this is something that you cannot afford (as many men around the world cannot) then I if you live in India and travel is an issue then I would wait until you can afford travel, etc. You only get one chance to get this right! All the best!

32 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I'm not a doctor but looking at your donor and your hair calibre I would think no further than Eugenix. Personally, also if this is something that you cannot afford (as many men around the world cannot) then I if you live in India and travel is an issue then I would wait until you can afford travel, etc. You only get one chance to get this right! All the best!

How many grafts Am I looking at & the cost involved.

Also is it pertinent for me to get it done at Gurgaon clinic since it’s far for me . Would Mumbai do. Nobody mentioned that point especially folks who are based out of India. Probably Delhi & Gurgaon is easier for people travelling outside of India since close to capital

• Valued Contributor

@Andy78you only get one chance at this to get it right. That's why most people do their due diligence in research for a great length of time to understand as much as they can about the topic of MPB, finasteride, patient reviews of surgeons, etc. It's also why most people travel to the surgeon that best meets their hairloss surgical needs. For example if you are a Norwood 6/7 then generally today people will travel to Hasson and Wong, Eugenix, etc. This is a life altering procedure and it's best to save up for it to get it right the first time. I can tell you from personal experience that if you base your surgery on budget, impatience, geography, etc then it will cost you far more than you could ever expect in the long run trying to repair the damage done. All the best!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

@Andy78you only get one chance at this to get it right. That's why most people do their due diligence in research for a great length of time to understand as much as they can about the topic of MPB, finasteride, patient reviews of surgeons, etc. It's also why most people travel to the surgeon that best meets their hairloss surgical needs. For example if you are a Norwood 6/7 then generally today people will travel to Hasson and Wong, Eugenix, etc. This is a life altering procedure and it's best to save up for it to get it right the first time. I can tell you from personal experience that if you base your surgery on budget, impatience, geography, etc then it will cost you far more than you could ever expect in the long run trying to repair the damage done. All the best!

Thanks for the headsup. As mentioned earlier the Eugenix has a branch closer to my place with same doctors supervising so I thought it’s better that way. Waiting for anyone based out of India to give their suggestions of doing it in Gurgaon vs other branches

@Andy78 Any and all branches of Eugenix in India will serve you well. If I lived in India, I would choose the one closer to me. You also can't go wrong with any of the doctors. I went with Dr Arika and everything went VERY well for me. I recommend having a video consultation with them and allowing them to make the right assessment for you and based on that assessment and timing to when the surgery will occur, which location makes the most sense.

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Edited by MazAB
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MazAB said:

@Andy78 Any and all branches of Eugenix in India will serve you well. If I lived in India, I would choose the one closer to me. You also can't go wrong with any of the doctors. I went with Dr Arika and everything went VERY well for me. I recommend having a video consultation with them and allowing them to make the right assessment for you and based on that assessment and timing to when the surgery will occur, which location makes the most sense.

I was about to tag you or PM to check coz I believe you went with the mid plans. The price scare me a bit. I’m not sure if I wait for long enough will I be losing more hair.

I am still waiting for some gentleman to give me a ball park value based on my hair lost so far on how much it would cost me.

Hello brother,from my knowledge on hair loss,this is what i make out of your condition-

Your donor area is above average and a good one,i don't know your age but it's a good donor and should easily be able to cover you up for now without needing beard.

you definitely would require around 3000 plus grafts for your frontal area depending on where you wish your hairline and if you want the temples made or not and the kind of density you want in your hairline,but it looks like 3000-3500 grafts should easily cover your hair front hairline and frontal part.

your crown is not bald but just thinned out,crown looks much lighter as the hair goes out in multiple directions and it gives a much more illusion of baldness,so if you have never been on finasteride and minoxidil or tried prp,i would not get my crown done now as you still have lots of thinned out hair there and a transplant might damage your existing hair there and the net effect would be not so good,for crown try minoxidil,finasteride and PRP and i think your crown would fill up,if if it does not,you can get crown done later in a few years.

Eugenix is a good option if it is in your budget,mumbai branch should be as good as gurgaon one,i don't think the city would affect the doctor or clinic's skills much.

There are few other good clinics in India as well which give decent results if Eugenix is out of your budget,I agree Eugenix is good but don't agree no other clinics are good enough,please do a good and thorough research for good doctors and consistent results over a period of 2-3 years in south India,it is hard for me to believe that there are no good hair transplant doctors in entire South India but ofcourse you would have to do alot of research for it,most people on this forum are from outside India and for them Eugenix is not costly for them and giving consistent results so they are opting for it and recommending it but as a fellow Indian i feel if you do your research you will find more local Clinics in Southern India who are also doing a good job but maybe not marketing as well to reach a wider audience and may not have a good international on youtube presence but to save that money if that is so important to you and you can't choose the top 2-3 clinics of India then please do some research for a few months before you choose anyone as hair transplantation is a big decision and once it goes wrong it will be a bigger loss.

On 10/18/2021 at 2:15 PM, Andy78 said:

I was about to tag you or PM to check coz I believe you went with the mid plans. The price scare me a bit. I’m not sure if I wait for long enough will I be losing more hair.

I am still waiting for some gentleman to give me a ball park value based on my hair lost so far on how much it would cost me.

@Andy78 @Eugenix Hair SciencesI would again recommend a video consultation, or even better go to their location in person for an assessment. There are a few very good examples on this forum of work done by Dr Priyadarshani Das. She does incredible work and is one of several doctors that fall under the lower cost option (Comprehensive Package Rs. 75 per graft). Eugenix may not be the only option in India, but trust me when I tell you, even with their lowest package, they are still the best option in India.😉 Best of luck in your search!

Edited by MazAB

2 minutes ago, MazAB said:

@Andy78 @Eugenix Hair SciencesI would again recommend a video consultation, or even better go to their location in person for an assessment. There are a few very good examples on this forum of work done by Dr Priyadarshani Das. She does incredible work and is one of several doctors that fall under the lower cost option (Comprehensive Package Rs. 75 per graft). Eugenix may not be the only option in India, but trust me when I tell you, even with their lowest package, they are still the best option in India.😉 Best of luck in your search!

Thanks much.

can you review my pics & advise how many grafts it could be & approximate cost.

It’s already looking like it’s beyond my budget right now.

Was planning for one before my 44th birthday next March. 

Also a link of your post on your hair transplant journey in Eugenix

@Andy78 One approach may be to just get the frontal portion done and leave the crown alone for now. I believe their are a lot of benefits to having a phased approach to hair transplantation, and could help with staying conservative on the first procedure, and the second procedure could be to slightly lower hairline, add more density, and fill in crown. That would at least allow you to cut down on the amount of grafts, but still have a profound impact on the initial results. My 50th birthday is in July and my mindset was to hell with everything else, I'm getting what I've always wanted!

Food for thought brother😉