Oral DUT, minoxidil/tretinoin, stemoxydine, alfatradiol Regime, do i still need a hairline transplant?

cappello

Regime: DUTASTERIDE 3 times a week NO SIDE EFFECTS, then, in the morning, I mix 3ml of stemoxydine and 3ml of alfatradiol, it last for 2 days and it won't leave the hair greasy, then, at night i use minoxidil with tretinoin. Occasionally I microneedle my scalp. 

This photo was taken before starting treatment, the worst state of hair i had in my life, i was getting depressed, the picture seems like norwood 2 (started treatment on May 27):

image.png.333483aee82c96b5e9eceff8a2cce53c.png

This photo was 45 days later, which i saw some progress:

image.png.3cd69f1928ca2dc41b954707f70622b8.png

30 days ago:

image.png.0466110e7e99138b88edba1fbbed934a.png

3 next pictures are from 5 days ago (long hair):

image.thumb.png.c8e51a22e4edb9842f05e1a760a82a6a.png

image.thumb.png.92fbf30d25ed4b427a8db5639becdcb9.png

image.thumb.png.5f1ec5278ded370daa20a4edfadb66c4.png

TODAY after a hair cut:

image.thumb.png.be63f4a1e55c2ca0bb364a33ebf9361c.png

I still might want a hairline/templates reconstruction with @Rahal Hair Transplant but i'm waiting to get vaccinated. I will keep uploading progress of my regimen. 

Edited by cappello

I'm 31 years old, i count 137 days of treatment so far, which is 4 months and 15 days. I forgot to mention the days of the week i take my DUT pill, The days are Monday, Wendsay and Friday, in case someone asks. Furthermore, I have morning erections and everything. I guess, DUT taken 3 times a day is sufficient, maybe the people that take DUT every day, do get some side effects. I remember i had low libido for a week, but it went away with continuous use. The worst someone could do, is getting side effects because of a bad week, and suspend, I'm sure side effects go away with continuous use in most cases, and if not, then, the next thing to do would be reducing the days you take the pill, instead of Monday, Wesnday and Friday, only Monday and Thursday. But, nah, is not really necessary, at least not for me. 

I also make exercise 6 days a week and generally eat healthy, I don't smoke, nor i like to drink alcohol. Probably my testosterone levels are very high. 

Edited by cappello

No one needs a HT. I don't think most people would consider you to be balding based on your current hairstyle if that's what you're asking.

But are you a good candidate to have your hairline improved? Given your age and current medical treatment, I'd say yeah you could get a small procedure, say 1500 grafts. It would likely improve your looks marginally and give you more hairstyles to choose from. Would help to see some more pics with your hair pulled back - also recommend using the rear facing camera, without the mirror, for better quality.

Edited by giegnosiganoe
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

No one needs a HT. I don't think most people would consider you to be balding based on your current hairstyle if that's what you're asking.

But are you a good candidate to have your hairline improved? Given your age and current medical treatment, I'd say yeah you could get a small procedure, say 1500 grafts. It would likely improve your looks marginally and give you more hairstyles to choose from. Would help to see some more pics with your hair pulled back - also recommend using the rear facing camera, without the mirror, for better quality.

Of course, here is a picture of me holding my hair back, I do need like 2000 grafts i believe, i mean, DUT, minoxidil, stemoxydine and alfatradiol can only get a little of my hairline back, actually, i do notice some hairline growing back, but it can only do so much, but for anything behind my hairline, it has worked wonders.

image.thumb.png.8704c7ae2a2dd3cfefd9c6b48526126e.png

I would like more templates and hairline, i'd say 2000 grafts average. I'm a very good candidate, my donor area is intact, i don't have any crown problems, it is just the hairline where my problem is. I'm, considering Dr.Freitas and dr.Bisanga or Dr.Rahal. As soon as i get vaccinated, i will travel to do a hair transplant. IS just Dr.Rahal is closer, for the other two i would have to travel transcontinental. 

Edited by cappello

6 minutes ago, cappello said:

Of course, here is a picture of me holding my hair back, I do need like 2000 grafts, i believe, i mean, DUT, minoxidil, stemoxydine and alfatradiol can only get a little of my hairline back, actually, i do notice some hairline growing back, but it can only do so much, but for anything behind my hairline, it has worked wonders.

image.thumb.png.8704c7ae2a2dd3cfefd9c6b48526126e.png

I would like more templates and hairline, i'd say 2000 grafts average. I'm a very good candidate, my donor area is intact, i don't have any crown problems, it is just the hairline where my problem is. I'm, considering Dr.Freitas and dr.Bisanga or Dr.Rahal. As soon as i get vaccinated, i will travel to do a hair transplant. IS just Dr.Rahal is closer, for the other two i would have to travel transcontinental. 

Well, if that's the case and you're just waiting to get vaccinated then you'll probably want to get the ball rolling and get booked in with whoever you chose (all good choices), as some of them have waiting lists of 2+ years...

And yeah, after seeing your hair pulled back, 2000 grafts would fill in the current outline of your hairline that is thinning up to where it is thick, will probably need more if you want to close off the width of your forehead a little and bring in the temples, maybe 2500+.

Here is another picture, after ALFATRADIOL/STEMOXYDINE topical mix applied and dried. It doesn't leave your hair greasy like minoxidil, and it won't give you the bad cosmetic effect, so is suitable for using it at daytime. When my hair is completely dried and i style my hair combing it upwards, and still it kinda covers my hairline problems really well. I mean, from the first picture I posted before starting treatment, to this picture, I'm already dancing naked under a rainbow of happiness. 
image.thumb.png.c71fe47ec6083b9160f9500015763da2.png

Edited by cappello
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Your results are great but since you are using so many options not sure which one/two is doing the most wonders. probably its tropical DUT as many others have seen great results with that.  This is the first time I am seeing someone use stemoxydine and  alfatradiol along with DUT and minox as they are similar combo. I would be little careful with all these medicines together and maybe shortlist to the two /three which is doing the most wonder for you just to minimize any long term unknown impacts.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 6:01 PM, TEXAN35 said:

Your results are great but since you are using so many options not sure which one/two is doing the most wonders. probably its tropical DUT as many others have seen great results with that.  This is the first time I am seeing someone use stemoxydine and  alfatradiol along with DUT and minox as they are similar combo. I would be little careful with all these medicines together and maybe shortlist to the two /three which is doing the most wonder for you just to minimize any long term unknown impacts.

I don't use Topical DUT, I use ORAL DUT 3 times a week. I have topical DUT as well, but I don't use it at all. Oral DUT doesn't give me side effects at all anyway, none. I actually prefer DUT to go systematical. About using alfatradiol/stemoxydine/minoxidil with tretinoin, no side effects either, no side effects at all... of anything. Now about using many treatments and not knowing which works, and which don't, all of them works scientifically proven with studies on humans and with control groups, studies without control groups are a scam IMO, there must be control placebo groups. I believe we must do everything that scientifically works at once to improve our hairline and density of hair follicles on all the scalp. So my philosophy is to get treated with everything that works (scientifically proven with control placebo groups). 

I see much more hair at the hairline, I think I have more gains since the last time, here is an update:

First picture hair normal, second picture hair pulled back to see the hairline, third picture stop pulling the hair back to see where it stays. 

photo_2021-11-19_11-55-33.jpg

photo_2021-11-19_11-55-40.jpg

photo_2021-11-19_11-55-46.jpg

@cappello

To answer the question you posed in the topic title … nocofy “needs” a hairline hair transplant.  But whether or not you are satisfied with your hairline now that dutasteride has helped make some improvements is what will help you make your decision.  We could certainly refine your hairline, thicken it up and make it more youthful and natural looking.  But the choice is ultimately yours depending on your level of satisfaction and how much if a perfectionist you are.  What are you thinking at this stage?

- Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 11/23/2021 at 8:38 AM, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@cappello

To answer the question you posed in the topic title … nocofy “needs” a hairline hair transplant.  But whether or not you are satisfied with your hairline now that dutasteride has helped make some improvements is what will help you make your decision.  We could certainly refine your hairline, thicken it up and make it more youthful and natural looking.  But the choice is ultimately yours depending on your level of satisfaction and how much if a perfectionist you are.  What are you thinking at this stage?

- Rahal Hair Transplant 

I'm kind of a perfectionist... I still don't feel comfortable, I want more hairline and templates, I feel that I would look great, and with an improvement in self-confidence.  The issue is that I can't travel because my govt gave me cansino vaccine, and I'm not allowed to travel yet to Canada/US/europe unless I get Pfizer or moderna, but my govt refuses to give me another shot of a different vaccine. I'm basically trapped in México. So frustrating.

Edited by cappello

• 4 weeks later...

@Capello I for one think the risks of a hair transplant (yes even going to a great doc like Rahal) far outweigh the benefit of one. Given your latest round of pics, I'm not what improvement is even needed any why a HT would be a good solution.

Wait for further hairloss and/or Dut and your other elixirs to start losing their magic, before going for a hair transplant. 

Based on these images alone, I question the merit and ethics of any doctor who does think you need a transplant at this time. 

Edited by SadMan2021

Hmm, still I'm afraid I don't have a good donor area, I would like @Rahal to comment on this, in case I need an HT in the future. And I never had a transplant before, you can see a patch where I don't have good hair in this recent picture:

photo_2021-12-21 17.36.33.jpeg

19 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

Based on these images alone, I question the merit and ethics of any doctor who does think you need a transplant at this time. 

Please do not limit my surgeons morally, hehe, I still want a transplant on my hairline zones that will never grow hair back. Yeah, I know, I might be a little ambitious and have a little of vanity, when is about my hair I am really vain. 

16 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Wow. You don't need a hair transplant. You need a drug rehab! 🤣 But in all seriousness you have obtained excellent results and personally I still believe you don't need a hair transplant. Just stick with what you are doing! 👌

I just want to share another picture when I was balding so bad. I will blur it a little, I'm a little shy of how I was balding so bad before the treatment. 

385432829_photo_2021-12-2212_18_07.thumb.jpeg.0113367212eb2768b573c4b052a4dfff.jpeg

Edited by cappello

• 2 weeks later...

Your improvement is extermely good.Your donor is not that bad. I think the buzz cut in the back makes it look thinner but it is decent.  You dont need a transplant at this point though. I think wanting a transplant at this point is the hair greed bug and we tend to go through it. 🙂 . I had some decent result with my 1 st tranplant but now my expectations became even higher. I am also trying the topical DUT and hopefully if the improvement is even half good as yours I wont need another.

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey guys, well, I'm going to brag about it a little bit here. I hope this serves as inspiration for others. I went into a health/fitness journey, and I actually got ripped :D. 2 years non-stop making calisthenics and cardio got me more or less where I wanted.

Now, about what people on this forum care about, after what more than 3 years? Taking dut 3 times a week, I continue making hair gains. I thought after 2 years hair gains would diminish, but no, I was wrong. The longer you use this drug, the better the results.

I HONESTLY think I actually rejuvenated a decade. I'm almost 34 years old. Dut is awesome drug. Aside from the hair benefits, my skin looks better, my testosterone is higher. It's truly a holy grail.

Ripped.JPG

Edited by cappello
  • Like 2