For Canadians travelling to India for HT on a medical visa during COVID - some advice...

I am scheduled for my surgery at Eugenix in Delhi on October 11 and 12. Flying out of Toronto on October 8. Early last week, I attempted to submit all of my medical visa documents to the Consulate (or the third-party company currently handling all Indian visas in Canada) and was told I was missing a note from my family physician in Canada, which was not listed as one of the required documents on the website of both the Consulate and the third-party company (BLS). It's been a frustrating process so if you are a Canuck who is going the medical visa route to get to India for a HT, be prepared to have both a document completed and signed by Eugenix (that particular form is on the Consulate website - you need to use that specific form and not just a general letter from the clinic) AND have a signed note by a Canadian physician. 

I go back tomorrow morning to the BLS centre to re-submit my application with about two weeks to go for approval. 

If you have any questions, DM me.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Good to know I’m tagging @Eugenix Hair Sciences

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

At the clinic's end in India, Abhinay and Mr. Maudit have both been very helpful. Really impressed with their customer service.

Thanks, Melvin, for linking @Eugenix Hair Sciences into the conversation. For Canadians who have to use the third-party company, BLS, to secure a medical visa for a HT clinic in India, they are asking for a note from a family doctor in Canada as part of the document requirements. Both the website of the Consulate and BLS do not mention this additional requirement. 

18 hours ago, kirkland said:

At the clinic's end in India, Abhinay and Mr. Maudit have both been very helpful. Really impressed with their customer service.

Thanks, Melvin, for linking @Eugenix Hair Sciences into the conversation. For Canadians who have to use the third-party company, BLS, to secure a medical visa for a HT clinic in India, they are asking for a note from a family doctor in Canada as part of the document requirements. Both the website of the Consulate and BLS do not mention this additional requirement. 

Thanks for linking. The information is useful and will save a lot of time of patients while planning their trip to India. 

2 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Thanks for linking. The information is useful and will save a lot of time of patients while planning their trip to India. 

I have just successfully re-submitted my medical visa application to the Canadian Consular General of India (CGI) in Toronto and I did confirm that there are 2 additional requirements for a medical visa application that are not listed on relevant websites (CGI and BLS): a letter from a physician in Canada confirming a patient's travel to India for a HT and a recent bank statement

For Canadians who have either booked or wish to book a HT surgery with @Eugenix Hair Sciences or another clinic in India, it is likely easier to apply for a regular travel visa to India. I did not try this route because I was told by a Consulate official that a medical visa would increase my chances of travelling to India while travel restrictions were in place. Those restrictions are lifting and you should be able to get a regular visa to travel just like in the good ol' days (pre-pandemic). 

For those who are using the Indian visa services in Toronto or Brampton, DM me and I can tell you more details on how best to expedite the process. 

Thanks @Melvin- Moderatorand @Eugenix Hair Sciences 

On 9/22/2021 at 8:13 PM, kirkland said:

I have just successfully re-submitted my medical visa application to the Canadian Consular General of India (CGI) in Toronto and I did confirm that there are 2 additional requirements for a medical visa application that are not listed on relevant websites (CGI and BLS): a letter from a physician in Canada confirming a patient's travel to India for a HT and a recent bank statement

For Canadians who have either booked or wish to book a HT surgery with @Eugenix Hair Sciences or another clinic in India, it is likely easier to apply for a regular travel visa to India. I did not try this route because I was told by a Consulate official that a medical visa would increase my chances of travelling to India while travel restrictions were in place. Those restrictions are lifting and you should be able to get a regular visa to travel just like in the good ol' days (pre-pandemic). 

For those who are using the Indian visa services in Toronto or Brampton, DM me and I can tell you more details on how best to expedite the process. 

Thanks @Melvin- Moderatorand @Eugenix Hair Sciences 

Thank you for sharing this valuable information. This will immensely help the patients planning to travel to India for procedure. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 1:30 PM, rob7331 said:

Canuck here in the Maritimes booked for end of November. I may pm you with some questions.

@rob7331 Also travelling to New Delhi directly from Canada for a Eugenix procedure in a few weeks and was wondering how your overall experience went in applying for the medical visa as I'm just now approaching it -- waiting on the letter from eugenix. Cheers!

Hi Ronny! I'm just starting the process as well. If your procedure is in a few weeks then I definitely recommend getting it going asap. kirkland is more of an expert than me so I actually recommend reading all of his posts in this topic, and his other topic (just click his profile). He breaks it down very clearly.

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal