4,000 FUE with Dr. Wong 39 NW4, Booked for Early October

Hey All,

After rescheduling three different times due to the Canadian border closing over COVID, more than a year after scheduling, I'm finally preparing to get 4,000 FUE grafts from Dr. Wong of Hasson & Wong the second week in October. This forum has been a huge help in deciding to get a HT and which doctor to go with. I had several consultations including Dr. Nadimi who is often mentioned as one of the better doctors for hairline work, but ultimately decided on Dr. Wong who said he can do 4,000 grafts over two days. I am really excited and cannot wait to see the results.

I'm 39, started using monoxidil daily around age 30 and taking 1mg/daily finasteride at about age 32. I probably started these a little later than I should have in retrospect. After my consult with Dr. Wong in September of 2020, he suggested I move to brand name Proscar 1mg/day instead of finasteride which I've switched to since then. (he said he sees better results than generics.) I also did 4 sessions of PRP in 2018 but not sure if it really did anything.

My hair loss wasn't very noticeable through most of my 20's until I think some stressful life events in my early 30's started to really accelerate the process. My dad has been NW7 since his early 20s whereas my mom's father died with a full head of thick white hair at 81.

I've definitely spent a lot of time reading the threads on this forum and really appreciate all the support and commentary that the community provides. I'll be documenting and sharing my experience and progress on here after the surgery, but wanted to post here before going in to see if there was any thoughts or advice anyone has to share.

Here are a few photos taken in different lighting and with different length haircuts over the past months so you can get an idea of what I'm working with. Thanks guys.

Front.jpg

Back2.jpg

Back1.jpg

Side.jpg

Front2.jpg

Your going to one of the best, if not they best clinic in the world.........I wish you well & glad to see the world open up so folks can get back on airplans again.

Wondering whats the game plan with the 4k FUE's......hairline and into the mid-scalp?.......or you aiming to hit the crown with some light coverage but with an understanding that hairline/mid-scalp is the priority?

Thanks! Yes you got it exactly right. Mostly hairline and mid-scalp with a some coverage on the crown and some filling of the temporal sides. I think he said he would bring my hairline down about an inch following the natural shape of my widows peak. I wanted to be aggressive. Another only advised 2k grafts on hairline so thought this was a much better option. Thoughts on how soon after the surgery it will be okay to fly home? Is 24 hrs enough time?

32 minutes ago, ManeMan said:

Thanks! Yes you got it exactly right. Mostly hairline and mid-scalp with a some coverage on the crown and some filling of the temporal sides. I think he said he would bring my hairline down about an inch following the natural shape of my widows peak. I wanted to be aggressive. Another only advised 2k grafts on hairline so thought this was a much better option. Thoughts on how soon after the surgery it will be okay to fly home? Is 24 hrs enough time?

Good to stay back at least 48 hours.. get your first couple of washes at the clinics and they can inspect to make sure everything is ok.. plus the clinic will pay for those 2 nights at the hotel.. lots of eating options around the Sheraton they will put up in.. 

Best of luck

• Valued Contributor

As has been said earlier you are going to one of the best clinics in the world and one that has been in the business for a long time. You are going to have an excellent result. The fact you are on finasteride of some sort will buy you plenty of time and help not only with your donor hair but your crown and recipient as well. I look forward to following your journey. If you stay and extra day all the better! Thanks for sharing!

• Administrators

So excited for you bro excellent choice 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

38 minutes ago, FuriousGeorge said:

Curious - for my own learning - why you went with FUE over FUT?

I like to wear my hair pretty short and really didn’t want the strip scar. I know it’s a personal choice but I had a friend do FTU then wear his hair short and the scar was the only thing I could focus on. 

Yes, I agree with those who said that you have chosen one of the best clinics in the world if not the best for your transplant, I have seen over the years on the various forums, real miracles made by H&W, surely they will change your life too.

15 hours ago, ManeMan said:

Sticking around and getting your scalped cleaned by the clinic is an under appreciated service that H&W provide.

Lots of clinics tend not to offer it and send you off with a sheet of paper with instructions.................but trust me given every HT patients nervousness you will for sure under clean the area being concerned you might damage grafts etc...............which only serves to extend the period where your not very presentable with scabs etc.....under cleaning can in cases lead to graft loss too if scabs become to dense etc.

My advice is chill & take the extra couple of days, enjoy Vancouver......get the scalp washed a minimum of two times, even three times.........its going to pay dividends in terms of when your presentable enough to see friends etc. The FUE work H&W do is so immaculate that with washing and your already existing short hair you could be back in public a week or so after the op with nobody giving you a second glance

• Like 1

• 11 months later...