when can I wear a loose winter hat / beanie type ?

Gokuhairline

I am on my 3rd full day post FUE, scabs are fully dried up , no more blood, donor is healing....i've been wearing the blue surgical hat that looks like the ones the workers at in n out wear to cover up when I am going out in public for a few minutes a day....I have to get on a plane tomorrow.....can I wear a very loose fitting winter that, it is literally so loose it would not rough up the recipient area at all, thoughts on that ? I've always worn a snap back back wards for a few minutes with out touching the recipient any thoughts ? I will not bear a regular baseball style cap front wards for at least 2 weeks. 

I would stay away from winter/beanie hats for at least ten days. It doesn't matter how loose it fits, it's the material that can snag. Your better option would be to just wear a snapback baseball hat sitting extremely loosely on your head. I've even done this one day post-op and never had a problem. 

• Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

Be careful regarding your hat selection.  Remember your head is still numb from the anesthesia and you won't feel anything for several weeks actually.  Always gently and carefully remove any hat you wear, especially for the first 3-4 days after surgery.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Caps....hmmm. 

OK. Avoid something that can catch a graft and pull it out. But you're on day 4 now.  By now it makes no difference.  But for those of you who have yet to start the process.......Have the staff show you how to place it.  Start by placing the edge on your forehead and let the back just drop into place, (if baseball cap). Honestly, I would probably just wear nothing.  Let everyone see.  They may even strike up a conversation.  

Funny, when I first was introduced to this world, (and during my first couple of procedures), I was bandaged.  It was funny driving home and everyone just glaring.  I did look like a mummy.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

i wore a snapback back wards with the snap over the grafts with out touching and also under the frontal hairline/ band for a 5 minute walk to the clinic and back...that was the following day after the procedure for a check up and did not touch the recipient area at all.....and since that day til today i've worm the blue surgical hats and will probably fly 5 hours wearing that, tomorrow will be day 5 and hoping wear a hat in next couple of days....I also have a yoga type head band that is thin and could stretch it and gentle place over hairline and grafted area but it leaves the back exposed which i also want to cover....i honestly don't see how wearing a normal cap is safer then a loose beanie but i will hold off for 10 days i guess. thanks.