sleeping position post fue

Gokuhairline

hello all, new member here..... this is my first full day post fue , had it done yesterday. no major issues and actually slept well/normal. my question is what is the proper way to sleep? i was told lieying flat with a slight incline which is suppossed to help or speed up swelling . thanks i might post pics when i get home in a couple days. 

Sleeping the night after the procedure should be in an upright, 45-degree angle. (Similar to the position you were in while the grafts where being placed).

Using a travel pillow to keep your head upright is very helpful. (If
you do not have a travel pillow you can make one by taking a towel and rolling it up)

Follow what you doctor said, but yes you should continue to sleep upright for several days.  Generally would say at least 1-6. 

For two reasons. 

1. Swelling usually shows up around day 2-3.  Worst day could likely be 4 and then subsiding day 5-6.  Personally I was lucky and had almost no swelling. I did drink a ton of water, iced my brows several times a day (not too close to to recipient) and facial massages.  

2. An upright position helps you from turning so that you aren't rubbing recipient on your pillow and risking grafts.  

I agree with the others.  Sleep at an angle.  This typically keeps pressure off your donor area in the back if that was used by your physician. Chin low, forehead higher. 

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 9/9/2021 at 10:44 AM, Gokuhairline said:

i'm probably bad at geometry or just read a lot of different things ...but is the chin / head supposed to be facing up or down ? 

I would focus on the 45degree position, and then just let your spine take care of the chin/head placement. I have a feeling you'll instinctively know what proper placement feels like on your neck, bc the last thing you want is getting a crick in your neck due to trying to force it into an unnatural angle.

I created a nice little incline for myself using multiple pillows and then added some on the side to provide extra support and keep me from rolling over. Google "How to sleep in a 45 degree angle post surgery" and a lot of images/instructions will pop up to give you a proper visual. 

Good luck!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

On 9/8/2021 at 10:31 PM, Gokuhairline said:

hello all, new member here..... this is my first full day post fue , had it done yesterday. no major issues and actually slept well/normal. my question is what is the proper way to sleep? i was told lieying flat with a slight incline which is suppossed to help or speed up swelling . thanks i might post pics when i get home in a couple days. 

I got a 45 degree angle pillow from bed bath and beyond and it was very worth it