In need of medical/personal advice: 

I am a female who has been looking into over 10+ clinics in Turkey for unshaven DHI hair transplants. I have PCOS which has led to female patterned hair loss. I have had clinics offer what I want and some have offered other methods, but I want the best clinic which high quality service. If you have any advice/suggestions or if your are a female or male who has done their research on HT in Turkey, I would appreciate your input! Also, if anyone has any experience with organic hair transplants, that would be greatly appreciated too! 

10+ years of research ! The Turkey list has changed in recent years but if your looking for the best it has to offer then check out Dr Bicer, HLC, Dr Pekiner and Dr Keser. Or the more affordable in Dr Demirsoy or Dr Yaman. There is a Dr Bicer Female result here on the forum.
I usually mention ASMED but only if you choose the top option where Dr Erdogan would be involved. 
However I don’t really consider Turkey as the place to go for female transplants. If you was to look through the forum for female results I doubt you would find many at all (from memory) I have seen some really good cases from Dr Bisanga (BHR) I’m sure either @Raphael84or @slcould assist. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 2

I can't say too much about Turkey or PCOS but from your post I'd ask if it HAS to be Turkey? There are lots of great options in Europe

• Like 2

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

1 hour ago, deet95 said:

It does not have to be Turkey, but in all honesty I am leaning toward Turkey because of the prices. 

Please look at Dr Bicer if your wanting affordability as well as someone who is experienced with performing transplants with females. What is your budget ? 

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, deet95 said:

It does not have to be Turkey, but in all honesty I am leaning toward Turkey because of the prices. 

If you're somewhat determined by price but happy to travel, you may also want to consider Dr Arika Bansal of Eugenix.

They've got excellent female results on their website: https://www.eugenix.in/female-hair-transplant-results.html

I know every clinic on earth - good or bad - posts their best work on their websites and that first hand patient journeys on forums are a better litmus test for judging a given clinic's body of work, but we already know Eugenix are a top clinic from innumerous male cases (which I'll personally be adding to later this year, Covid-travel hurdles permitting!), so I'd see no reason to doubt the validity of their own selection of work on females.

It's not a factor for me personally, and there will no doubt be many, many excellent male surgeons who can produce excellent female HT results, but I can imagine there's possibly some additional value in a female HT surgeon leading or being involved in a female HT. Dr Arika or Dr Bicer probably would certainly be two options that I'd be looking at speaking with.

The problem is not so much the price for me, I think for Turkey $5k from the research I’ve done so far is a decent price. However, those clinics all don’t have many ratings and Bicer looks amazing but she doesn’t preform DHI which is the best method (based on my research atleast). 

17 minutes ago, deet95 said:

The problem is not so much the price for me, I think for Turkey $5k from the research I’ve done so far is a decent price. However, those clinics all don’t have many ratings and Bicer looks amazing but she doesn’t preform DHI which is the best method (based on my research atleast). 

No DHI is not the best method, it’s just another gimmick to draw people in. Please use this forum and keep researching. I have over 10+ years of research and Turkey isn’t the best choice for clinics bar the ones I have already mentioned. I mentioned Bicer as she does have experience with female transplants and is also forum recommended. Ignore the online ratings for 99.9% of Turkey clinics they cannot be relied upon. Here on the forum we see actual patient journeys for the whole 12 month (and beyond) journeys. Accompanied by pics throughout. 
We all have a budget in mind but this is life changing surgery and we need to choose a Dr which will give you the best chance of a good result. Turkey is synonymous with bodged procedures and nearly all of the clinics have a tech team perform the whole transplant. What you need is a Dr led procedure where they are involved in the important steps and the clinic has no more than a couple of patients per day at most. We see the poor transplants all the time, ruined/over harvested donor areas, poor or no growth, pitting, bad scarring, multi grafts along the hairline and poorly designed work. Im mentioning these as the risks are very real and very high. Look through the recommended Turkey names and it’s around 6 at most. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 3

To be honest, price probably is a problem if 5k is your max budget, depends entirely on how many grafts you need really, but quality clinics in Europe charge anywhere from 2.5-5 EUR per graft (with most being somewhere in the middle at around 3-4) and in the U.S. you can expect roughly double the price for the same quality generally speaking. 

So, as you can see, if we're talking of an average price of around 3.5 EUR per graft, 5000 dollars will be enough for just over 1000 grafts which is quite a low number, we would need to see pictures to say roughly how many you're looking at needing. However, there are some more budget clinics that still do decent work as mentioned who are a bit cheaper, such as Bicer, where you may be able to stretch your 5000 budget to make things work, but there are only a couple options here, so be careful. The rest are a gamble. 

There is no best method, DHI is just a method used to carry out an FUE procedure, it's still FUE. It doesn't matter what method is used, whether it's DHI, whether manual or  automated extraction is used and so on. What matters is the skill of the surgeon/team carrying out the procedure, if they're experienced and highly skilled, then that's all that matters. All of these terms are just marketing gimmicks for the most part to entice people in with the claim that they offer the best most advanced technique that is the key to a successful HT

• Like 1

Also, I assume you're quite young going by your user name, it would be wise to seek out some sort of medical regimen before undergoing a HT, not only because it may very well solve your problem entirely without needing a HT in the first place, but if your problem is being caused directly by androgen sensitivity, then it will only continue to worsen left unchecked and you'll be in a similar position somewhere down the line. 

Women do have some decent options to fight hair loss, I know that low dose oral minoxidil is commonly prescribed along with topical spironolactone which seems to work pretty well. Also, it's officially warned against, but there's no reason you can't use finasteride just as men do, as long as you've no plans to have a child and are actively using an effective contraceptive to ensure this doesn't happen. I don't know your personal situation, obviously, but if you have no plans to have a child any time soon then there's really no reason you can't take it just because you're a woman, you would just have to ensure you do not get pregnant as it would have very bad outcomes for the baby. 

Sorry but I think you're coming at this in the wrong way.....so dependent on price and location and believing in a marketing gimmick (DHI).

Luckily you've come to the right place before you have committed to anything so I recommend holding off on any decisions and spending the next 3 or 4 months reading patient stories, reading the questions and answers that pop up, viewing clinic photos etc. Hopefully you can save up a bit more money too so you aren't led to a cheap hair mill in Turkey.

[edit] having said that, it wouldn't hurt to send your photos and speak with Eugenix and Bicer as people have already recommended. 

Edited by TommyLucchese
  • Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 2 years later...
On 9/6/2021 at 1:06 AM, Britanium said:

Depends on how many grafts you might need. Please don’t go cheaper than the above names mentioned, you don’t want to end up looking worse and/or needing a repair transplant. Bicer is €1.5 per graft.

That was 2021 it is inflated now