HAIR TRANSPLANT HELP ISTANBUL

Omar34

Hello

my names omar. I’m new to this forum.

I am thinking of getting a hair transplant done in Istanbul and have been doing a bit of research. However the more I read the more confused I’m getting. I was hoping for some help and recommendations. 

I apologise in advance if something like this has been asked already. 

So my issues are as follows:

1) I did the usual online searches and loads of places popped up. They all have positive reviews. However non of them are being recommended/used by members on here. Is there any particular reason for this? I did contact a couple of them (hairneva, Cosmedica, asli tarcan). I was told I needed 4,000-4,500 grafts and was quoted roughly €1,600 for the entire package including accommodation etc which I found sounded too good a deal to be an excellent job. Offcourse I may be wrong. 

2) I understand there’s no such thing as “the best” clinic or surgeon but would anyone be able to suggest a couple of places I could contact. I don’t have a budget as long as I know I went to a top surgeon.

I have so far seen dr bicer and dr yaman mentioned a few times. Are they supposed to be one of the best or are there other more high end surgeons?

I have attached some photos as well if they’re of any use.

Please help guys!

1C0A5F87-8645-4F9E-9D4A-83EABECE28C7.jpeg

0303D4D5-C6A3-431C-B0D0-20368BC092F4.jpeg

B2620FA7-ED9C-43E3-BD7D-5765F991FE14.jpeg

80D6659A-955B-4BE3-8638-C72E526F483B.jpeg

9A003376-FABA-4BC9-8820-FD2ED05EBB0D.jpeg

Please stay away from the “hair mills” your looking at ! They are nothing more than tech team’s performing the procedure.

The only names you should consider will be Dr Bicer, HLC, Dr Pekiner and Dr Keser. Or the more affordable options like Dr Demirsoy or Dr Yaman. The difference being is that all of these involve the Dr doing part of the procedure. 

• Like 4

Think about it this way. Top doctors in Europe charge around 3-5/graft. 4000 grafts would cost €12k - €20k! Top clinics in the USA are double that. So when we see 1,600 including hotels, it raises a huge red flag.

There are more affordable options, of course. Bicer and Demorsoy, for example, are around €1.5/graft. Once you get into the "all inclusive & unlimited grafts" packages, you're not working with doctors, but technicians instead. 

Be very careful at this level of clinic. You're in dangerous, high-risk territory... this is the level where most of the transplant failures come from. The last thing you want is to trade one set of hair problems for another. Do your research!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

However non of them are being recommended/used by members on here.

Omar. There is nothing worse than wishing that you were completely bald after being butchered!!! I have experienced that and so have thousands and thousands of other men (and women). There is a reason why the surgeons you are looking at have not been recommended here. Look at the people who have been recommending surgeons here (as well as the forums recommended list). If you are basing surgery that you have to look in the mirror at everyday on price your are doomed for a life of misery. Take your time and do more research. If you can only afford cheap surgery then can you afford the outcome for the rest of your life. Look at trying Finasteride if that is something your comfortable in doing. Keep researching for surgeons who turn out results on a consistent basis here with hair goals similar to yours. All the best and keep asking questions.

16 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Please stay away from the “hair mills” your looking at ! They are nothing more than tech team’s performing the procedure.

The only names you should consider will be Dr Bicer, HLC, Dr Pekiner and Dr Keser. Or the more affordable options like Dr Demirsoy or Dr Yaman. The difference being is that all of these involve the Dr doing part of the procedure. 

Thanks for feedback..much appreciated

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Omar. There is nothing worse than wishing that you were completely bald after being butchered!!! I have experienced that and so have thousands and thousands of other men (and women). There is a reason why the surgeons you are looking at have not been recommended here. Look at the people who have been recommending surgeons here (as well as the forums recommended list). If you are basing surgery that you have to look in the mirror at everyday on price your are doomed for a life of misery. Take your time and do more research. If you can only afford cheap surgery then can you afford the outcome for the rest of your life. Look at trying Finasteride if that is something your comfortable in doing. Keep researching for surgeons who turn out results on a consistent basis here with hair goals similar to yours. All the best and keep asking questions.

11 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Thanks for that. Really helpful abs insightful. If price was not taken into consideration who do you feel through your experience is the top surgeon? Again I understand there’s no such thing as “the best” but just through your experience.

12 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Think about it this way. Top doctors in Europe charge around 3-5/graft. 4000 grafts would cost €12k - €20k! Top clinics in the USA are double that. So when we see 1,600 including hotels, it raises a huge red flag.

There are more affordable options, of course. Bicer and Demorsoy, for example, are around €1.5/graft. Once you get into the "all inclusive & unlimited grafts" packages, you're not working with doctors, but technicians instead. 

Be very careful at this level of clinic. You're in dangerous, high-risk territory... this is the level where most of the transplant failures come from. The last thing you want is to trade one set of hair problems for another. Do your research!

Absolutely agree with you. Thank you. Very much. 

sorry if this a bit of a silly question, but if dr bicer who is charging €1.5 per graft is a reasonable cost, who are the more “high end” charging doctors if there are any? 

• Valued Contributor

Hi Omar34,

You've been given some good advice here. I have a question though... When you say you've been researching, what *exactly* have you been researching? What specific things are you looking for in your research? For example, you've been recommended some very good clinics in this thread, but I've yet to see you ask *why* they are good clinics/considered good clinics.

My argument here is that before you starting looking at specific clinics, you need to take a bit of time to learn what constitutes a good hair transplant in the first place & what a clinic would need to have and being doing in order to recreate a natural hair restoration.

• Like 1

I will do a review of Dr Resul Yaman in Istanbul which is 1 EUR per graft, he is the most affordable non-hair mill at the moment. My hair transplant is just a few days away so you could check out my thread if you want to see.

Edited by digimon2323