How would you rate my transplant? 1360 total grafts; ~1160 grafts for receding corners

I had a 1360 grafts FUT mostly for my corners, about 200 went into reinforcing the middle front, so ~1160 grafts for corners. I signed up for 1000 but I had a very dense donor area and ended up with 1360. What do you think?

2V1L6IH.jpegYdZsHEr.jpegrvN4qiM.jpegr5LYEd2.jpegi1RVwld.jpegWLmeRAJ.jpeggJ3j6yt.jpeg

1dsmsqq.jpeg

Scar
thzOg0I.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Egy said:

Can you post some pictures of immediately after the procedure?  And some pre-surgery too?

Unfortunately I don't have those photos. Pre-op photos were taken, but I don't think any post-op. I had requested them a few months ago, and did a few followups for the photos, but it looks like they were unable to locate the photos. 

Edited by HairRun

38 minutes ago, HairRun said:

Unfortunately I don't have those photos. Pre-op photos were taken, but I don't think any post-op. I had requested them a few months ago, and did a few followups for the photos, but it looks like they were unable to locate the photos. 

This is concerning.

What clinic did you go to?

• Like 1

• Administrators

It does look low density, however, it’s not a total loss. Another top-up procedure would fix the issue pretty easily. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Also interested to hear what clinic/Dr this was. Does seem look a low yield. Sorry it hasn’t worked out. Is this after 12 months ? 
You can definitely get it’s sorted by another transplant, question is would you choose another FUT or choose FUE ? As you have the scar already personally I would choose another FUT. Especially if you have good laxity. 

On 8/10/2021 at 6:58 AM, kramer79 said:

This is concerning.

What clinic did you go to?

On 8/10/2021 at 1:38 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

It does look low density, however, it’s not a total loss. Another top-up procedure would fix the issue pretty easily. 

On 8/10/2021 at 1:48 PM, JohnAC71 said:

Also interested to hear what clinic/Dr this was. Does seem look a low yield. Sorry it hasn’t worked out. Is this after 12 months ? 
You can definitely get it’s sorted by another transplant, question is would you choose another FUT or choose FUE ? As you have the scar already personally I would choose another FUT. Especially if you have good laxity. 

The procedure was some years ago, so might be understandable if they didn't hang onto the pictures. 

I'm not sure if I should reveal the clinic, it looks like it's an unflattering result, which may reflect badly on the clinic. But if it helps, this happened in the US (some people I guessed I had it in Turkey). 

It was many years ago, I reached out to them recently for a 2nd hair transplant since I have some crown loss and some diffuse loss. I asked for the photos because I figure it may be useful to know exactly where the reinforcing hairs were transplanted, but it seems they don't have those, and it seems that it's not needed anyway. 

It never occurred to me it was low yield. So there were hairs transplanted that eventually died? I thought I had a healthy response because they seemed to grow in about 2 months in; usually full results are 12 months in. It would suck if they died, as you can see a large chunk of my donor area was taken out. Do you think they just took a conservative approach? After I did my recent 2nd consulting with the surgeon, he said the results from the first were excellent. 

Edited by HairRun

• Administrators

It’s hard to say it was low yield without seeing before pictures. We’re just speculating based on what we see, however, it’s totally possible that you had great yield and just continued to thin. 

For example, let’s say you had hair transplanted in your hairline that was thinning, not totally bald. You may have looked great afterwards, but then continued to thin non-transplanted hair, this would be an expected result. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

A 4 maybe?

Scar looks kinda wide but that might be cause I'm not that familiar with FUT scars. Though some FUT scars are super thin which that one doesn't seem like to me.

Density is low and I'm not sure about the angles but I don't think you look botched or anything that would scar you for life? I think it's just something you need to get repaired.

Edit: I agree with melvins comment on continued thinning

Edited by deeznuts