Looking for best hair transplant clinic in India for diffuse thinning norwood 5

Hey guys, I've new here and I've been going through this forum for a while now and doing research to find the best place for a hair transplant. I'm currently 23 years old and started thinning at 18. I tried finasteride and minoxidil for 3 years but I was unable to arrest my hair loss. I have diffuse thinning which caused my hairline to go from norwood 1 to norwood 5 in the span of 5 years. Based on my research the best clinics I could find are Eugenix (Dr Arika Bansal & Pradeep Sethi) and Medispa (Dr Suneet Soni) as they are members of the International Alliance of hair Restoration Surgeons (IAHRS). I Also considered AK Clinics (Dr Kapil Dua) and Darling Buds (Dr Tejinder Bhatti) but I read about a few nightmare stories of patients being abandoned with poor result which made me sceptical. Which clinic would you guys recommend?

I wanted to get it done in 2 session with the first one covering the front area and the second for mid scalp and crown area. I am currently on Dutasteride and Minoxidil and I don't know if I should stop taking them before surgery. I still have tiny miniaturised hair which might complicate the transplant due to lack of clear bald spots and grafts competing for blood supply. I don't think the medication is doing much to preserve my hair but I'm not sure if I should completely stop taking it for a few years either. What did you guys do before surgery?

Edited by ThunderBoy
  • Confused 1

Alarm bells are ringing here. Sorry but with such advanced loss at a very young age and no meds and diffuse thinning ? It’s highly unlikely your going to be a suitable candidate for a transplant. Can you show us some pics of your current position ?

Your research has actually found the best clinics in India.. Eugenix in particular. And yes I would most definitely rule out Darling Buds. However you need to consider your advanced loss and what can realistically be achieved. Ethical clinics would not take your case on at your age/loss and no meds. 

@ThunderBoyChoosing a doctor on the basis of the fact that he is a member of the ISHRS is not a guarantee at all, nor is it a guarantee based on the videos posted on YouTube.  Having said that, the only clinic in India that for now has amazed me for results and post-transplant assistance is Eugenix.  In any case I advise you to spend as much time as possible on this forum and look at the transplants of patients with a starting situation like yours, as well as opening your own thread so that the veteran members of the forum and the doctors present here, can give you advice.  Don't be in a hurry to get your transplant because if you make a mistake in your choice, you may regret it for a lifetime.

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Alarm bells are ringing here. Sorry but with such advanced loss at a very young age and no meds and diffuse thinning ? It’s highly unlikely your going to be a suitable candidate for a transplant. Can you show us some pics of your current position ?

Your research has actually found the best clinics in India.. Eugenix in particular. And yes I would most definitely rule out Darling Buds. However you need to consider your advanced loss and what can realistically be achieved. Ethical clinics would not take your case on at your age/loss and no meds. 

Hey sorry I accidentally posted the first time without finishing it. I edited it a bit so that my situation makes more sense. Yea its a bit unfortunate at my age, if it isn't for hair transplant I could consider SMP or a hair system I suppose.  Yes I did consider not being a good candidate but I shared my scalp picture with a lot of clinics and they said I can go through with it. I'll post pictures of my scalp for you guys to see 

1 minute ago, Egy said:

@ThunderBoyChoosing a doctor on the basis of the fact that he is a member of the ISHRS is not a guarantee at all, nor is it a guarantee based on the videos posted on YouTube.  Having said that, the only clinic in India that for now has amazed me for results and post-transplant assistance is Eugenix.  In any case I advise you to spend as much time as possible on this forum and look at the transplants of patients with a starting situation like yours, as well as opening your own thread so that the veteran members of the forum and the doctors present here, can give you advice.  Don't be in a hurry to get your transplant because if you make a mistake in your choice, you may regret it for a lifetime.

ISHRS is different from IAHRS. From my understanding anyone can be a member of ISHRS as its an educational organization but IAHRS is an exclusive membership which only permits the best surgeons in the world to become members. I noticed some of the big named like Hasson, Wong and Bisanga on it. Yea for sure, I've spent the last few months looking into it and though I might get this done in the next year as I've been stuck in lockdown for a while now.

16 minutes ago, ThunderBoy said:

Hey sorry I accidentally posted the first time without finishing it. I edited it a bit so that my situation makes more sense. Yea its a bit unfortunate at my age, if it isn't for hair transplant I could consider SMP or a hair system I suppose.  Yes I did consider not being a good candidate but I shared my scalp picture with a lot of clinics and they said I can go through with it. I'll post pictures of my scalp for you guys to see 

The issue here is that you will always find a clinic that will take you on but it will not be in your best interest.

Get a consultation with Eugenix who are one of the most ethical clinics I know. 

@Melvin- Moderator Hey I found out about this forum through your videos on YouTube and they have been quite helpful in my research. I think I might have a similar case to you with diffusion thinning mixed with retrograde alopecia fml lol. I'd really appreciate your thoughts on my case? Do you think I should get a transplant in soon or should I wait? Thanks :) 

2 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

The issue here is that you will always find a clinic that will take you on but it will not be in your best interest.

I sent them my pictures on whatsapp and the consultant told me Dr Arika Bansal of Eugenix took a look and said I can get it done. I live a bit far away from their clinics so can't really get an in person consultation because of that

4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I agree.

• Like 1

That’s a clear developing Norwood 6 - 7 pattern. 

Yea that's what I thought. I can't possibly lose much more hair that this point and I heard this norwood 6-7 is the ideal candiate for a transplant because I already know my pattern of hair loss. and I don't think I have got unpatterned diffusion thinning as my father and grandparents still have their donor hair

Sorry to see that you're experiencing this at such a young age. But to be honest, you definitely seem to be heading to a NW7; your crown is showing signs of dipping down about as far as it can go, and your sides are also showing the outline of dipping very low too. Combined with the fact you've been on fin/dut for a while, and you're only 23, this is about as severe as MPB can get unfortunately.

There are some cases of Norwood 6/7's having pretty good results from Eugenix, Zommster on here for example, but I don't think you're a very suitable candidate.

Maybe if you were willing to accept conservative coverage and had enough BHT (namely, beard) to tap into also then you could do something. But you're still so young and your loss is so aggressive, I could see your donor thinning out badly also as the years go by. 

SMP could be a good choice for you!

• Like 2

It will progress further without meds. All the hair we can see in your over head shot will eventually go. I say this as with such advanced loss at your age it’s unlikely to slow down anytime soon. I’m sorry your facing this at such a early stage of your life. But you sound like your positive and are more than likely going to be realistic in what can be achieved. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

In my opinion, Eugenix is probably the best for your case.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It will progress further without meds. All the hair we can see in your over head shot will eventually go. I say this as with such advanced loss at your age it’s unlikely to slow down anytime soon. I’m sorry your facing this at such a early stage of your life. But you sound like your positive and are more than likely going to be realistic in what can be achieved. 

Yea I'm not expecting a lot to be honest. I know it's quite aggressive in my situation but I'd be happy if I can get to look like a Norwood 3 with more coverage in the front and mid scalp area. Was planning on using SMP for the illusion of density especially in the crown area as I probably wont have enough donor area for that 

4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I agree with @JDEE0as you seem to have a great beard, and SMP will be a possible option. Maybe something is possible but it’s unlikely. 

I was hoping to use the under area of my beard for the mid scalp but not sure about the density. The texture is thicker and more curly which could help I guess

231702878_4444555878896820_9194422476485993363_n.jpg

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Damn I’m so sorry that’s not what I was expecting to see. From the sides it looked ok. There isn’t much to grab from there either 😒 

Yea, it is what it is unfortunately. Will need to make do with SMP I guess

50 minutes ago, ThunderBoy said:

From my understanding anyone can be a member of ISHRS as its an educational organization but IAHRS is an exclusive membership which only permits the best surgeons in the world to become members.

Some are ranked among the best but there's also a great number of mickey mouse surgeons.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

17 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

Some are ranked among the best but there's also a great number of mickey mouse surgeons.

Even there is it enough just to pay a fee to be part of it?