Dr Michael Wisiorek

I had a hair Transplant done on January 25 of 2020 with Dr Wisiorek and HRA Buffalo. I could post a very long review but a picture is worth 10000 words. Also to this day I have no idea how many grafts were done. Dr Wisiorek (depending on the time I asked him) states anywhere from 1200-1700. The last clinic I visited estimated 300-400. 

68469B17-8F3A-4A3C-80BA-0EA671F266EF.jpeg

15A5277F-81E4-4DEF-AD53-2326F86B54A8.jpeg

935591B3-DB50-4ACC-BD12-9B087B520D7C.jpeg

49A5AE43-5538-42FD-A8E0-1DC555FD7B59.png

• Administrators

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I'm shocked they cannot give you the exact number of grafts. They should be able to provide you with the graft count and the number 1's, 2's, 3's, and 4's you had, so you can find out the actual number of hairs. Who carried out the procedure? Was this done via the Artas robot?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

No growth and your donor area looks over harvested.  If you're thinking about round 2 make sure you go to an elite surgeon.  

It certainly seems like a bad FUE surgery leaves a patient worse off than a bad FUT.

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

23 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I'm shocked they cannot give you the exact number of grafts. They should be able to provide you with the graft count and the number 1's, 2's, 3's, and 4's you had, so you can find out the actual number of hairs. Who carried out the procedure? Was this done via the Artas robot?

The procedure was carried out by Michael Wisiorek of HRA Buffalo. 

they use something called a HAARTS machine. I was told it’s the latest and greatest hair transplant tech out there. It’s very much not. 

22 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

No growth and your donor area looks over harvested.  If you're thinking about round 2 make sure you go to an elite surgeon.  

It certainly seems like a bad FUE surgery leaves a patient worse off than a bad FUT.

Here is the thing it’s hard for me to trust any surgeon at the moment. I was told find someone who is in the ISHRS. Wisiorek is. I filed an ethics complaint with those attached pictures and they found no wrong doing by the surgeon what so ever and dismissed my case. 

1 minute ago, JustAGuy55 said:

Here is the thing it’s hard for me to trust any surgeon at the moment. I was told find someone who is in the ISHRS. Wisiorek is. I filed an ethics complaint with those attached pictures and they found no wrong doing by the surgeon what so ever and dismissed my case. 

The ISHRS is a crapshoot.  Some great and not-so-great surgeons there.  Be patient, do some research on this site.  There are definitely some good surgeons out there.

• Like 2

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

• Administrators
2 hours ago, JustAGuy55 said:

The best thing you can do is choose a surgeon backed by actual reviews. Our forum has a list of recommended surgeons we’ve approved as a community. There’s not one person or entity saying a particular doctor is good, but rather the collective insight of our forum. 

Here’s our list feel free to submit some consultations to get some professional opinions.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

8 hours ago, JustAGuy55 said:

Sorry to hear that. The forum has a great list of proven/ethical Drs/Clinics. Melvin has provided the link above. Please don’t let the first so called Dr put you off the decent ones. Although your case will now be a tough one with a poorly managed/over harvested donor area. 

On 7/29/2021 at 6:07 AM, JohnAC71 said:

Sorry to hear that. The forum has a great list of proven/ethical Drs/Clinics. Melvin has provided the link above. Please don’t let the first so called Dr put you off the decent ones. Although your case will now be a tough one with a poorly managed/over harvested donor area. 

The hardest part for me is I saved for years to be able to afford this first surgery and it was taken all a way just like that. I have no one to blame but myself for that though. I let this con man talk me into this. 

this man flat out stole from me and there is not a damn thing I can do about it. 

im slowly coming to the realization that shaving my head is probably my only option and it just kills me. 

first I have to try and get the multi hair grafts that are pitted out of my head because they stick out like a sore thumb. 

im sorry for being so negative here I’m just really down on this today. 

• Sad 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JustAGuy55 said:

The hardest part for me is I saved for years to be able to afford this first surgery and it was taken all a way just like that. I have no one to blame but myself for that though. I let this con man talk me into this. 

this man flat out stole from me and there is not a damn thing I can do about it. 

im slowly coming to the realization that shaving my head is probably my only option and it just kills me. 

first I have to try and get the multi hair grafts that are pitted out of my head because they stick out like a sore thumb. 

There’s definitely still hope, whether or not you’re willing to do the research and invest again is another issue. If you’re not willing then yes shaving is the best option.

View my thread

Don't despair.  The good news is that this quack probably only took a few hundred grafts and you still have donor to work with.  But be wise with who you go to for round 2.... or just shave it off and move on with your life.  Either option is better than dwelling on a mistake. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 9:42 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

There’s definitely still hope, whether or not you’re willing to do the research and invest again is another issue. If you’re not willing then yes shaving is the best option.

I had another meeting with a top clinic in Atlanta GA. 

they basically told me that my next surgery will be my last. I don’t have enough donor left it’s been damage.

they can maybe get 1800 grafts. They can make that work and give me some sort of frontal forelock, but I won’t ever be able to get the result I initially set out to achieve. 

In there words doing another FUE will leave my donor area very thin. They don’t want to do FUT because my hair is not thick and the scar will show. 

the clinic also want to try and use exosomes on me to see if I can revive some of the resident hairs. 

10 minutes ago, JustAGuy55 said:

they basically told me that my next surgery will be my last. I don’t have enough donor left it’s been damage.

they can maybe get 1800 grafts. They can make that work and give me some sort of frontal forelock, but I won’t ever be able to get the result I initially set out to achieve. 

In there words doing another FUE will leave my donor area very thin. They don’t want to do FUT because my hair is not thick and the scar will show. 

the clinic also want to try and use exosomes on me to see if I can revive some of the resident hairs. 

Which clinic is this ? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JustAGuy55 said:

They want to push the exosomes as it’s a great way to earn money. They push this for everyone regardless. Run away from this clinic. They just want your hard earned dollar. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 8/23/2021 at 9:37 PM, JohnAC71 said:

They want to push the exosomes as it’s a great way to earn money. They push this for everyone regardless. Run away from this clinic. They just want your hard earned dollar. 

I agree, exosome at the 5k price point is nowhere near tried and tested. Ethical doctors like Dr. Charles will say it’s promising but not there yet, definitely doesn’t warrant the price tag.

• Like 1

View my thread

hey man. i’m sorry to see this. I actually went to this guy too. He scammed me out of ~$9000. He supposedly did 2300 grafts but I don’t have the results to show for it. I think like less than half actually grew

i wish i could do something too. But it really sucks. I still have enough donor area cause i have pretty thick curly hair. So I’m trying to find another clinic.

It’s been beyond depressing. I haven’t really left my house. Just work and doing whatever to distract me for now… 

12 minutes ago, randoguy7 said:

hey man. i’m sorry to see this. I actually went to this guy too. He scammed me out of ~$9000. He supposedly did 2300 grafts but I don’t have the results to show for it. I think like less than half actually grew

i wish i could do something too. But it really sucks. I still have enough donor area cause i have pretty thick curly hair. So I’m trying to find another clinic.

It’s been beyond depressing. I haven’t really left my house. Just work and doing whatever to distract me for now… 

Damn sorry to hear this, would you be able to start your own thread and add pics ? Thanks 🙏 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Damn sorry to hear this, would you be able to start your own thread and add pics ? Thanks 🙏 

I will have to think about it. I don’t like posting pics of myself online. 

i’m just really trying to find a surgeon who can fix what wisiorek damaged. He even damaged pre existing hairs that were previously transplanted. He even has tried to take credit for the first FUE i had done at Bosley in NYC. 

i had two (my second and third) done with wisiorek. 1500 grafts and the results were actually good. And then 800 grafts which just reversed and damaged everything. Now he’s suggesting a free PRP treatment but i might just cancel that cause im too frightened in case more damage occurs. This all just sucks and i havent been sleeping well

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2021 at 3:13 AM, randoguy7 said:

I will have to think about it. I don’t like posting pics of myself online. 

i’m just really trying to find a surgeon who can fix what wisiorek damaged. He even damaged pre existing hairs that were previously transplanted. He even has tried to take credit for the first FUE i had done at Bosley in NYC. 

i had two (my second and third) done with wisiorek. 1500 grafts and the results were actually good. And then 800 grafts which just reversed and damaged everything. Now he’s suggesting a free PRP treatment but i might just cancel that cause im too frightened in case more damage occurs. This all just sucks and i havent been sleeping well

Did his assistant Chris help with your surgery?

im actually going back to doctor mikes office tomorrow to have a little chat. 

Took a drive today and Spoke to a clinic in Ohio today. Very informative. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JustAGuy55 said:

Did his assistant Chris help with your surgery?

im actually going back to doctor mikes office tomorrow to have a little chat. 

Took a drive today and Spoke to a clinic in Ohio today. Very informative. 

Which Ohio clinic is this ? Thanks 🙏 

Did they use any hair from the sides?  If not, that is a possibility.  From the front photo you posted, your sides look OK.  And do you have good beard hair that can be used as donor hair?  Some clinics specialize in that sort of thing.  Like you, I probably have one last surgery left.  We have to be extra super careful with the last one.  My story so far:

• Valued Contributor
On 8/4/2021 at 10:28 AM, JustAGuy55 said:

Please don't despair and definitely stay on this forum and allow the members here to help you through what you are going through. I've been butchered and so too have so many people who are on and have posted on this forum site. Many (including myself) have found a way out. You have many options ahead of you. Are you taking finasteride, minoxidil, etc at the moment to stabalise your hair loss? There are some great repair surgeons who do great work with compromised cases. Have a look at Eugenix here who have performed miracles with Norwood 6/7 patients with depleted donors. Take care!

• Like 1