Still have Yellow dandruff at day 10 - will this have impact on the growth ?

I have these yellow flaky spots on the places I got hairs implanted. I try to be careful and gentle while washing as I don’t want to risk pulling the grafts and losing them. I fear that it might cause damage to the grafts and growth if I don’t get rid of them, is that correct ? Or is this just normal dandruff and I don’t have to worry ?B495EA4F-89F0-49CF-BB23-21DEB337DF23.thumb.jpeg.268a9d3712f670ae1e238e2581a5359d.jpeg5AAD7694-653C-49A2-A996-09AE97A33EE1.thumb.jpeg.0b622139df052a216d62f54f8ea48e9f.jpeg

my washing regime looks like this: I use conditioner for 40 minutes, then rinse it out with a water in a spray bottle and after that try to gently and carefully apply the shampoo on my scalp and then again rinse it out with the spray water. To make sure it gets cleaned properly I also rinse it with a cup of water at the end, again very carefully and slow. Do I have to change anything or is this all right ?

• Moderators

It sounds like you are being too gentle and afraid to touch the grafts. You should not be using a spray bottle or cup to rinse at this point. That's fine for the first 4 or 5 days, but after that, and certainly by 10 days out, you should be basically shampooing normally. Let the shower water run on your head for a few minutes to wet the scabs and soften them up. Then shampoo your hair and rub the scabs until they come off. Most of them should come off the first time and the rest will come off in the next wash or two.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

20 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

It sounds like you are being too gentle and afraid to touch the grafts. You should not be using a spray bottle or cup to rinse at this point. That's fine for the first 4 or 5 days, but after that, and certainly by 10 days out, you should be basically shampooing normally. Let the shower water run on your head for a few minutes to wet the scabs and soften them up. Then shampoo your hair and rub the scabs until they come off. Most of them should come off the first time and the rest will come off in the next wash or two.

The clinic told me to skip washing at day 11 and give it a rest. So tomorrow I will leave it like this I guess. But after that I will try it like you described, thank you!

• Administrators

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Those are dried crusts and most doctors advise their patients to remove them at approximately 10-12 days post-op.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Use some olive oil and leave it to soak overnight. I usually ask patients to start that at day 8 for 2 days and then come in for a wash at day 10 if they can. If not, a normal shower will flake most of these out. I find olive oil very helpful in getting most of them out from the first proper scrub. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram