Breezula The Future Alternative To Finasteride- Dr. Arocha

• Administrators

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

Sounds interesting. It would be great to have something that works with no side effects.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Sounds interesting. It would be great to have something that works with no side effects.

It really sounds like the best solution. Hopefully we can get it in the next few years.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It really sounds like the best solution. Hopefully we can get it in the next few years.

I do hope Breezula will give some updates on the status of their phase 3 trials soon, things have been awfully quiet for a while now, but I assume mostly just due to the pandemic and I do believe this will most likely be available on the market to treat AA in the next 3 or so years. However, just for anyone reading who thinks it will be completely side free, it won't, at least according to the clinical trials so far. 

Whilst it indeed shouldn't have the usual reported sexual side effects (it shouldn't go systemic due to its rapid degradation to a harmless/non androgen interfering metabolite upon entering the bloodstream), the studies did show that some participants (I think it was around about 5 percent I can't remember at this point) experienced complete shutdown of their HPA axis, which is not ideal for obvious reasons. Not too dissimilar to people using exogenous hormones/abusing steroids who then need to go on to do a PCT to safely restart their endocrine system.

I think all of the people who experienced this did recover completely on their own after a month or two, so it's not really overly dangerous if it did happen, but I don't really see how people who experienced this side effect would ever be able to use CB as a viable treatment as you cannot go about your life with a shutdown HPA axis...

As a side note, whilst I hope Breezula/CB does come to market as it's another tool in the toolbox, I'm more excited about Kintor, a Chinese company who are moving extremely fast. They have just announced acceptance for phase 2 of clinical trials in the US for their topical called Pyrilutamide (something similar to breezula, perhaps arguably better than it) whilst they have completed phase 2 trials already for the drug in China. I assume the results must have been promising in the Chinese phase 2 trials if the FDA accepted them to do the same in the U.S so quickly. At this point I really wouldn't be surprised if it came to market before breezula did. Hopefully without any side effects at all. 

They are also about to start Phase 1 trials for another topical, this time an androgen degrader, which would blow both breezula and their own pyrilutamide out of the water in terms of effectiveness. Early days for it though, so who knows, but if there are no serious side effects etc, that could really be as close to a cure as we can get from a topically applied drug. Really it would be way more effective than finasteride, let alone breezula.

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 1