Have I been over harvested?

It is really hard to tell how your donor looks when you are taking photos from below with your head tilted down. Having such a big number of HF taken from one part of the head is always going to show, and the best thing a doctor can do is to make the donor zone homogeneous. This is my donor before my last op taken from two different angles and 6 months after that (3rd HT) so you see that even do my donor looks bad before the last HT it isnt that bad when taken at a normal angle. i hope your recipient area is growing well and that you will be satisfied with that part.

screenshot_842.png

screenshot_841.png

• Like 3

• Administrators
10 hours ago, alex84 said:

It is really hard to tell how your donor looks when you are taking photos from below with your head tilted down. Having such a big number of HF taken from one part of the head is always going to show, and the best thing a doctor can do is to make the donor zone homogeneous. This is my donor before my last op taken from two different angles and 6 months after that (3rd HT) so you see that even do my donor looks bad before the last HT it isnt that bad when taken at a normal angle. i hope your recipient area is growing well and that you will be satisfied with that part.

screenshot_842.png

screenshot_841.png

Great post

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/2/2021 at 2:57 PM, Hairloss2021nomore said:

756188C6-A81C-4FD3-BB49-A8021AFD12D2.jpeg

I noticed there are a number of white bare patches in this photo. As others have mentioned, better photo(s) of the donor area prior to the procedure at a comparable length is required.

Just an observation - 4800 grafts in a single session is a lot. Time must be a factor, and if time is a factor, does that affect the precision required to spread out the extractions. (?)

On 7/3/2021 at 7:46 AM, alex84 said:

screenshot_842.png

screenshot_841.png

I'm reading your post that photos taken at the same time but from a slighty different angle can affect the perception of how thick the hair is - correct?

The big difference I notice in photo 3 & 4 is hair length, Are you saying these were taken at the same time?

On 7/4/2021 at 10:43 PM, MC10298 said:

I'm reading your post that photos taken at the same time but from a slighty different angle can affect the perception of how thick the hair is - correct?

The big difference I notice in photo 3 & 4 is hair length, Are you saying these were taken at the same time?

No. First two photos are taken at the same time, before 3rd HT, showing the how much the perception differs depending on the angle. The third and fourth photos are indeed taken on the same day, 6 months after the first two, before and after a haircut, so not the same length. They show how that bad looking donor from the first photo looks after one more HT (small) and how it recovers with the passage of time. 

What i wanted to say to  Hairloss2021nomore is your donor will recover with time, a good doctor can harvest a lot of HF from your donor without depleting the donor zone by good management and most important don't focus on the negative because if you search for it you will find it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alex84 said:

No. First two photos are taken at the same time, before 3rd HT, showing the how much the perception differs depending on the angle. The third and fourth photos are indeed taken on the same day, 6 months after the first two, before and after a haircut, so not the same length. They show how that bad looking donor from the first photo looks after one more HT (small) and how it recovers with the passage of time. 

What i wanted to say to  Hairloss2021nomore is your donor will recover with time, a good doctor can harvest a lot of HF from your donor without depleting the donor zone by good management and most important don't focus on the negative because if you search for it you will find it.

Thanks for clarifying.

It's an important observation you make, lighting, length of hair and angle make such a difference. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...