Dr Bicer - 3910 Graft FUE June 2021 - Modest hairline rebuild + Top/Crown

What exactly are your concerns at this point? To me, your donor looks like it’s on the right track. It’s only been a week or so since surgery. Not everyone has that lucky scenario where after 3-4 days it looks like the donor was untouched. You also got quite a lot of grafts which adds to the likelihood of a longer recovery in the donor. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SD1984 said:

What exactly are your concerns at this point? To me, your donor looks like it’s on the right track. It’s only been a week or so since surgery. Not everyone has that lucky scenario where after 3-4 days it looks like the donor was untouched. You also got quite a lot of grafts which adds to the likelihood of a longer recovery in the donor. 

I'm sure the OP was joking. His concern is less the donor, which had the smallest possible punch, but rather will he get enough density in the recipient area.

To the OP, it's like jumping out of a plane. You do all your checks before the jump to ensure a safe landing. You went with a well-respected surgeon. It's now your job to land it safely ie. minimise stress, maintain the recovery protocol , keep in good health & spirit etc.

• Like 1

It does kind of seem that you are injecting a negative spin into your procedure. The numbers are the numbers, you apparently have a lot of singles. And it makes sense considering the punch size used. No reason to doubt the graft count, it all looks on track, and shouldn't expect to be given the transection rate (I've never seen anyone be given this). No need to create doubt the work performed. You went to a legit clinic and everything looks as it should. Relax.

• Like 3

I don't perceive the OP's observations as negative.

I'm sure that we would all encourage a prospective HT patient to carry out thorough research. It would be strange if that patient then became passive and stopped being inquisitive.

The OP reported new statistical data provided by the clinic that he felt (and I agree) was of concern and raised questions. Can he change anything now? Perhaps not, but it is important to acknowledge these concerns. This journal documents the OP's journey through the highs and lows. It also provides valuable information to the community, which the OP should be commended for.

@urbanite88 have you had satisfactory answers to your questions from the clinic?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...