Does this look like early retrograde alopecia?

Hey I’m a 17 year old male who just got a haircut with a 3 on the sides and was wondering if the thickness on the sides and back looked normal or if it looked like early retrograde alopecia. Any feedback or follow up questions are greatly appreciated.0AC215B6-C953-4FBB-8022-E2AE3CFB1F45.thumb.png.7451e1ccf5fec90176ef042896e701e1.pngD39A1D01-6001-49F6-AAEF-A85E26496363.thumb.png.18f337314c541df13dc7f8dfcb272597.pngF416DF5B-8D23-4A46-94DE-68584C9EE97B.thumb.png.c47d18447b910d32ecb572fc2018859c.pngD92B49B9-D326-4BBC-8AF0-D081B11ED1A5.thumb.jpeg.a97245aad751d7407e4543603bb2f149.jpeg

• Administrators

As someone who cuts my own hair and my friends hair. It looks like you got a lower guard at the bottom, which is why it looks thinner. It’s a gradual fade which is a giveaway to the haircut. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

23 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

As someone who cuts my own hair and my friends hair. It looks like you got a lower guard at the bottom, which is why it looks thinner. It’s a gradual fade which is a giveaway to the haircut. 

Thanks for the response, do the sides look normal?

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, tylergriffin said:

Thanks for the response, do the sides look normal?

Yes

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Legend007 said:

Looks like u might go bald, full norwood 7 in two years. 

I hope you know this is complete sarcasm.

View my thread

• Administrators
5 hours ago, tylergriffin said:

Yeah I figured😂. If it helps for clarification, this is what it looked like before the cut-DC6FC525-FC04-42B1-89D6-55D9C59917E5.thumb.jpeg.94f1d3f6c5c2a357e4bf7cbaab27fb13.jpeg56BB9A02-7449-4F4E-9E41-495BE31430F5.thumb.jpeg.665b3289195c73fa7994b48bcd2dcff7.jpeg90D8A731-70AF-4BD9-BB32-79FC76B54CE8.thumb.jpeg.9f0e6956762b48d4da6f4a64554d7ee8.jpeg

I don’t see any issue with retrograde alopecia but the hairline seems to be arching slightly. Watch this 

View my thread

4 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t see any issue with retrograde alopecia but the hairline seems to be arching slightly. Watch this 

Yep I’ve noticed a little receding at the temples and when I turn 18 in about a month I have an appointment with a derm to talk about propecia and until then I’m gonna use nizoral and possibly minoxidil and a derma roller. Just wanted to clear out DUPA which would’ve made it a lot more complicated. If it’s just patterned hair loss I can live with it. 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, tylergriffin said:

Yep I’ve noticed a little receding at the temples and when I turn 18 in about a month I have an appointment with a derm to talk about propecia and until then I’m gonna use nizoral and possibly minoxidil and a derma roller. Just wanted to clear out DUPA which would’ve made it a lot more complicated. If it’s just patterned hair loss I can live with it. 

Looks patterned to me, even retrograde alopecia is normal with patterned alopecia.

View my thread

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, tylergriffin said:

So finasteride should be good for both equally then right?

Yes

View my thread