How many grafts do I need?

Hi guys,

Been lurking for the past months without signing up, now I am finally coming to the conclusion that I really want to fix my hairline after seeing these Euro 2021 HTs(Lol). 

The truth is that I have not experienced any hair loss for the past maybe 4-5 years, I am 27 years old today. I always had a bad hairline with these curves on the sides, but it have become a little bit bigger when i was 20-22. I am not taking any meds. 

Could you give me an approx how many grafts you think will be needed for this? 

I been looking through alot and it seems that I aim to maybe go to Dr. Marwan Saifi, Dr. Pekiner or Özlem Bicer. Is there any other ones that would be good to consider?

This forum is amazing,

Thanks in advance.

202282539_551067342923866_8732768185765947272_n.jpg

204549678_177484381006599_7044880757122606971_n.jpg

203310220_227807275826356_1185713745266854339_n.jpgThover_4_years_ago-removebg-preview.png.c9c402ae2070997c9878781870c2bafa.png

Edited by digimon2323

Always difficult to judge how many grafts are needed from pics. I would estimate that clinics will say to you anywhere around 1750 - 3000. I would say somewhere around 2-2250... guesstimate 👌

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

My hair loss is very similar to you so I'd say I'm fairly knowledgeable here. 2k to 3k has been the number I've seen from similar cases where they are taking a hairline like yours and turning it into a NW1 (straight hairline). But I've also seen cases where its gone as high as 4k and I've received a consultation for as low as 1.2k from an in person consultation with a local doctor (my hair is fairly coarse and the doc was quite conservative).

Though in my honest opinion, 2.25 to 2.75k is probably the sweet spot

This is 100% assuming you are going for a NW1 hairline (i.e. straight line)

Edited by deeznuts

20 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

De Freitas would be another good choice ! Although you have so many other options ! 

Have you seen the forums recommended list:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

Thanks for this. I will check it out. I am certain that I will only go to quality places but is it any difference for example Turkey vs Poland in price? Saifi seems very skilled and the other Turkish ones I have looked up here also got good reputation. Is it any "per graft" price for each Dr?

8 minutes ago, deeznuts said:

My hair loss is very similar to you so I'd say I'm fairly knowledgeable here. 2k to 3k has been the number I've seen from similar cases where they are taking a hairline like yours and turning it into a NW1 (straight hairline). But I've also seen cases where its gone as high as 4k and I've received a consultation for as low as 1.2k from an in person consultation with a local doctor (my hair is fairly coarse and the doc was quite conservative).

Though in my honest opinion, 2.25 to 2.75k is probably the sweet spot

This is 100% assuming you are going for a NW1 hairline (i.e. straight line)

Thanks!

I guess I am somewhere around Norwood 3 at the moment, correct? 

I have very thick hair in the back, no signs of any loss whatsoever. This is good I assume for a good outcome for HT?

203116678_1202712213486967_4910052200483000151_n-removebg-preview.png

204534384_347239780150492_1924973633881429819_n-removebg-preview.png

Idk, NW2 or NW3. You should be okay, the donor looks great plus NW2/NW3 usually aren't so strapped for donor hairs though obviously always important to keep donor hair management in mind for the future. 

12 hours ago, deeznuts said:

Idk, NW2 or NW3. You should be okay, the donor looks great plus NW2/NW3 usually aren't so strapped for donor hairs though obviously always important to keep donor hair management in mind for the future. 

12 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

From what I can see your donor area looks excellent ! I will inbox you 👌

I got the first answer from Saifi he said 2000 grafts for me. 12 zloty per graft, approx 2.8 EUR. Pretty hefty if you compare to others in Turkey that also have a good rep?

Edited by digimon2323

I would definitely put Demirsoy above the hair mills as a better choice for people seeking with a budget as I said. 
Both Yaman and Demirsoy are about as low a cost you can get whilst still having Dr involvement.

However as I also mentioned Dr Bicer is a excellent choice and still very affordable. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

I would definitely put Demirsoy above the hair mills as a better choice for people seeking with a budget as I said. 

Resul Yaman is a hair mill? So the only budget one is basically Demirsoy? I am not deciding on anything just going through every option. If Demirsoy is serious and doing a great job I dont really know if I am willing to spend double the price. But maybe a little bit more if its someone in between.

Yaman Isn’t classed as a hair mill. Just lower cost clinic. Regardless of her price I do think Dr Bicer is a good choice. Recently added to the recommended list here on the forum. One person per day and over 22 years experience. 

• Like 1

Seems like a very favourable condition. Good donor and an early stage of hairloss. In your case anything between 2200-2800 should be sufficient in my opinion depending on your hair characteristics.

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Another consultation got answered, this time with Dr Yaman in Istanbul. He suggested 2500 grafts for me with single grafts in the front for a "natural look". 

So I got 2000 from Dr. Saifi and 2500 now with Dr Yaman.

Edited by digimon2323