54 minutes ago, Etownone said:

I got a really good solid beard.   

Just been worried about beard fue scars...  If I ever needed to shave the beard off.  

16237833688905872817568018065932.jpg

As long as you take the grafts on your neck your fine, don’t take anything on the face cause that might leave you with some acne scars like marks. 

24 minutes ago, JP28 said:

As long as you take the grafts on your neck your fine, don’t take anything on the face cause that might leave you with some acne scars like marks. 

Thanks... 

So what about the scars on your neck then.... Doesn't it leave noticeable FUE scars in you do a close shave.  

2 minutes ago, Etownone said:

Thanks... 

So what about the scars on your neck then.... Doesn't it leave noticeable FUE scars in you do a close shave.  

No it doesn’t leave anything really and it heals super fast, if after a month you have some little red dots you can just get rid of em with a good exfoliant like this one: https://www.sephora.com/product/alpha-beta-peel-extra-strength-daily-peel-P269122?skuId=1499482&icid2=skugrid:p269122:product

I guarantee you that with this exfoliant you’ll get rid of anything. 

Eugenix and Dr. Pekiner have results of BHT megasessions on this forum.

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

1 hour ago, JP28 said:

No it doesn’t leave anything really and it heals super fast, if after a month you have some little red dots you can just get rid of em with a good exfoliant like this one: https://www.sephora.com/product/alpha-beta-peel-extra-strength-daily-peel-P269122?skuId=1499482&icid2=skugrid:p269122:product

I guarantee you that with this exfoliant you’ll get rid of anything. 

1 hour ago, shami26 said:

Eugenix and Dr. Pekiner have results of BHT megasessions on this forum.

Hmmm... Going to look into that exfoliant...

And looking into Eugenix and Dr Pekiner.    Thx bud. 

• Moderators

This is my beard area after roughly 2378 grafts have been taken.

IMG_8607.jpg.52f83f113a74ad53ce8c654581317bcf.jpg

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

46 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

This is my beard area after roughly 2378 grafts have been taken.

IMG_8607.jpg.52f83f113a74ad53ce8c654581317bcf.jpg

7 hours ago, JP28 said:

WOW

Be Happy...   That doesn't look bad at all. 

And 2378 grafts???    Where did you go buddy??   Are you satisfied with the results. 

That's my question...are individuals happy with the regrowth results in terms of both yield and aesthetics? 

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

45 minutes ago, gillenator said:

That's my question...are individuals happy with the regrowth results in terms of both yield and aesthetics? 

I see you listed Dr Robert Dorin as a supporting physician...     He does beard fue to scalp. 

I'm going to set up an consultation appt with him to see my options with beard fue. . 

Edited by Etownone

Best would be to add those beard grafts into your donor and then extract another 2000 grafts (all doubles) from your donor

Beard grafts grow very well on scalp but provide a poor coverage value 

13 minutes ago, mustang said:

Best would be to add those beard grafts into your donor and then extract another 2000 grafts (all doubles) from your donor

Beard grafts grow very well on scalp but provide a poor coverage value 

I just need to at least address this area that I lost some hairs definitely.   Hopefully the beard fue can help.   Idk.   

20210609_090902.jpg

You definitely would not want to add beard grafts that close to the hairline. The texture and sometimes color can be vastly different from scalp hair and would be noticeable in the hairline. Beard grafts are usually only used for filler in the midscalp or crown. Another option would be extract more scalp grafts to restore the area of concern and at another time if the donor looks depleted then transfer beard grafts into the donor. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

• Valued Contributor

I don't know a reputable surgeon who would used beard grafts for the hairline. If you do come across one then run a mile. Beard hair has a thicker diameter and and it's characteristics are unpredictable to a degree. The only way to achieve a natural and more dense appearance in the hairline would be to utilize soft scalp grafts. It would be preferable to do nothing than to use beard grafts for your hairline. As others have said when mixed in with scalp hair, beard hair makes a great filler on the right candidate. All the best.

14 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

How many grafts have you had total and was it all FUE?

Alot...  

2 FUT & then 3 FUE.   

I used to have all those numbers saved, but I don't anymore.    But total was around 10k.    

The area just above the ears is also a good potential source to extract some grafts to use in that small thinning area.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

4 hours ago, gillenator said:

The area just above the ears is also a good potential source to extract some grafts to use in that small thinning area.

Thanks....    But my doctor used that area on my last 2 fue.     That area is also depleted.     

5 hours ago, Etownone said:

Alot...  

2 FUT & then 3 FUE.   

I used to have all those numbers saved, but I don't anymore.    But total was around 10k.    

This is very similar to my own situation. I also had x2 FUT and x3 FUE for similar numbers (can’t fully trust the graft count from FUT

I am looking at my plentiful Beard for my next ht (Eugenix) 

7 hours ago, Etownone said:

Alot...  

2 FUT & then 3 FUE.   

10,000....Wow...that's alot of work!

Gillenator