Hair Transplant Densities - Examples

Good evening,

Does anyone have examples of varying hair/hairline densities?  I.E. 10 cm/sq2, 20 cm/sq2, 30 cm/sq2, 40-50 cm/sq2?

I know there is a wide variation of appearance of density depending on hair characteristics.  However just a general idea, or pictures, with the various densities will be helpful.  I am trying to gauge how low of density I am comfortable with along the hairline and planning long term for future hair loss.

Any help would be great.

Thank you!

Just do a search on the keyword "densities" and you should find some examples.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thank you both.

I should have done a deeper dive.  I'll check out the database here on HTN.

For whatever reason I am skeptical of the Youtube before/after and the densities they mention.  Always good to get more neutral perspective from actual client postings.

Please also factor hairs will go into telogen phase in every 3 to 4 years. Some percentage of hairs will always be dormant. So your hair density looks lower after a year. I would recommend not to opt for minimum possible density to achieve best cosmetic result. Atleast 25% more than minimum possible density.

• Like 1

• Administrators

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Melvin and Pra - The video, and your points, are well taken.  I will keep all of this in mind.  Konior is my doctor on the 7th so I am confident he will know exactly how to play my situation.

Thank you both!

2 minutes ago, rocktitan said:

Melvin and Pra - The video, and your points, are well taken.  I will keep all of this in mind.  Konior is my doctor on the 7th so I am confident he will know exactly how to play my situation.

Thank you both!

Dr Konior is a awesome choice 👌

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2021 at 4:56 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow, what a great video to understand coverage. And comparing procedures from one patient to another, we have to stop doing that without having important info such as:

- hair thickness
- donor density
- angle of the transplanted grafts.

Many many thanks for sharing this.

• Like 1

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Zinedine said:

Wow, what a great video to understand coverage. And comparing procedures from one patient to another, we have to stop doing that without having important info such as:

- hair thickness
- donor density
- angle of the transplanted grafts.

Many many thanks for sharing this.

🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.