Hairline only or full head at 24?

Hi guys I am considering a hair transplant but I am slightly conflicted by two options.

I'm not sure whether to just rebuild the hairline for the time being, and allow minoxidil and finasteride to do some work on the rest of my scalp in the meantime, or to just go for it all and get the crown filled in as well as some density in the middle area.

I have had some consultations with various doctors within my range (Bicer, Erdogan, Espinosa, Yaman etc) however I have had varying advice from them all. Some saying to leave the crown for now and others content with filling the crown and mid.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I've been going back on forth on this issue for a while.

I've been taking the following since mid - march:

Minxodil 5% liquid 2x day

Finasteride 1mg 3x a week

Biotin

Due to start microneedling next week.

Thanks in advance,

Top front.jpg

Back.jpg

Edited by Orlando

• Moderators

If you had been using finisteride at least a few months longer rather than only 3 months then I may say go ahead and do the crown too, but I think you should let the finisteride work a while longer before deciding. You may get some decent growth there.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Front 1/2 to 2/3 of your head, 2500-3000 grafts max

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day