Dr. William Lindsey - Virginia

I had a 2600 FUT hair hair transplant procedure with Dr. Lindsey last month.  He is very skilled and knowledgeable.  I consulted with several doctors and feel confident that I chose the right one with Dr. Lindsey.  He is very upfront about the results that are likely.  If there is something he can't do, he tells you.  He is a very nice doctor to work with but is also no-nonsense.  He's a top of doctor that knows what can be done, tells you whether he can do it, and then does it.  I found his honesty and direct approach to be refreshing.  He actually told me that he may not be able to get enough grafts in one procedure to cover all of the thinning areas of my scalp.  So I was pleasantly surprised (i.e., exuberant), when the procedure was over and he had covered every thinning area.  The before care, after care, and availability to talk directly with him when needed was also comforting.  He really did a great job, has a great personality, and knows how to do exactly what he says he can do.  I would highly recommend him.

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing your review, I would love to follow your progress.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 6/9/2021 at 2:38 PM, Eric00700 said:

I had a 2600 FUT hair hair transplant procedure with Dr. Lindsey last month.  He is very skilled and knowledgeable.  I consulted with several doctors and feel confident that I chose the right one with Dr. Lindsey.  He is very upfront about the results that are likely.  If there is something he can't do, he tells you.  He is a very nice doctor to work with but is also no-nonsense.  He's a top of doctor that knows what can be done, tells you whether he can do it, and then does it.  I found his honesty and direct approach to be refreshing.  He actually told me that he may not be able to get enough grafts in one procedure to cover all of the thinning areas of my scalp.  So I was pleasantly surprised (i.e., exuberant), when the procedure was over and he had covered every thinning area.  The before care, after care, and availability to talk directly with him when needed was also comforting.  He really did a great job, has a great personality, and knows how to do exactly what he says he can do.  I would highly recommend him.

Glad to hear this. I also had a transplant with Dr. Lindsey last month (small case, approx. 850 grafts FUE) and it was a great experience. You're right about his demeanor/approach, which is simultaneously no-nonsense and comforting because you know he knows his stuff.

It's always great to hear of positive experiences - and I agree that it's reassuring when a surgeon is upfront about what is possible based on your situation (as opposed to over-promising). That said, do you have any photos of your hair before and immediately following the procedure? Getting to see pictures of the work is where the real value in these reviews lies. :) 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 years later...

Has anyone had any recent experiences good or bad with William Lindsey in McClean Virginia? These reviews look a few years old. I found him on yelp and do not know anything other than what I read. Also does anyone have any great referrals that they or someone they know have used, in the DC, MD, VA area? If need be, other places as well. Thanks in advance. 

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Electric said:

Has anyone had any recent experiences good or bad with William Lindsey in McClean Virginia? These reviews look a few years old. I found him on yelp and do not know anything other than what I read. Also does anyone have any great referrals that they or someone they know have used, in the DC, MD, VA area? If need be, other places as well. Thanks in advance. 

Do not choose a clinic based on location. Search for the best results. Here’s our full list of recommendations:

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks!

I'm interpreting your response as you are not happy with Dr. Lindsey? Is that accurate and if so, could you possibly share why? Did people have poor results?  So, if you go somewhere at a distance from work, are there many appointments required to continue with appointments continually and requires returning throughout the year?

On 12/19/2023 at 6:21 PM, Electric said:

Thanks!

I'm interpreting your response as you are not happy with Dr. Lindsey? Is that accurate and if so, could you possibly share why? Did people have poor results?  So, if you go somewhere at a distance from work, are there many appointments required to continue with appointments continually and requires returning throughout the year?

I would not go to Dr. Lindsey. I will post details in a separate thread, but I had two sub-par FUT procedures with him and just returned from a repair with Dr. Cooley. The difference in approach between Lindsey and Cooley is like night and day. Do not waste your time, money, or more importantly your head/hair with Lindsey. And don’t pick a clinic just because it’s close to you. You’ll need to go for a consultation (you may be able to do this remotely, but as a repair candidate I had to go in person) and then for the procedure itself, but other than that you shouldn’t need to visit for anything else. And even if you do end up going back once or twice more, you want your hair to look good, right? In my view, it is worth investing in the best doctor you can find rather than going somewhere close. This is one of the most important things you will do! Don’t make the mistake I made and go to Lindsey just because he’s convenient. 

On 12/29/2023 at 7:42 PM, Electric said:

Thank you. What was the difference in the approach?

Cooley is a machine. He was involved at all times from 7am when I showed up to the clinic to after 7pm when we finished. He pulls out the strip, stitches it up, and makes the incisions over several hours. He’s also involved in all the actual hair placements with his lead tech, and he repeatedly went over to the technicians working at the microscopes to supervise and pick out the right hairs for me. He obviously has a plan for the procedure and wants to be involved at all times to make sure it’s properly executed.

Both times with Lindsey, with a similar number of grafts, we were done before noon. Lindsey pulls out the strip and makes the incisions in about an hour and then he’s not involved, other than to pop in a few times to say hello. There didn’t appear to be any plan with him. 

Cooley’s finished product looks dramatically different. There are low-angle singles at the hairline and temples, and as I sit here now the transplanted hairs have not shed and look like my natural hairs. You’ve seen the Lindsey threads - his look like little antennae sticking straight up out of the skin after surgery, which is how they grow when they become full length hairs too. I’m not red, other than a couple spots where electrolysis was done to remove some of the worst Lindsey hairs. With Lindsey I was red for months.

As I said, truly night and day.