Affordable Hair Transplant Clinics on the East Coast (USA)

Looking to find out if any solid, reputable clinics on the east coast exist in the United States. I'm talking $4-$6 per graft range here and not the wild $8 range that we see in so many of the better clinics out there. Prefereably looking for somewhere in the Northeast but would be willing to travel as far down as Florida. I am currently in New York and though I have met with some top surgeons in NYC for consults, their prices are just outrageous.

There is a clinic in New Jersey that I know a couple of people online have posted photos from. "Eternal Hair" is the name. They charge around $4 a graft for FUE and seem to have solid results and a nice little social media presence and good reviews online, but I just can't get behind the fact that they are one of those places that do all sorts of other cosmetic work too. (i.e. Botox, other fillers, etc). I'd prefer a place that specializes in ONLY hair restoration. But I guess I can't be too picky when it comes to wanting to find something less expensive. Does anyone know how much Jerry Cooley in North Carolina charges these days? Love his work. Thanks in advance.

Edited by SD1984

In this industry, more often than not you get what you pay for. US prices are governed by supply vs demand. When you have patients willing to pay $8-$12 per graft to give themselves the best chance at a successful restoration then clinics will charge it. My advice is to stay away from any US clinic in the $4-$6 range as your more than likely going to be unhappy with the results. There are much better options over seas in that price range. Traveling is almost imperative in this industry. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

I mostly agree, though I don't think a $4-6 surgeon means certain doom. Some clinics just haven't established a huge reputation just yet but if you do enough research and see enough results you can put yourself in a good position. Look at Bruno Ferreira for example. Relatively unknown surgeon that Rolandas basically did good research on. Turns out the guy really is an amazing HT surgeon but just isn't quite "there" yet as far as having the endless good reviews, huge social media presence, etc. But I definitely would be willing to travel in the right scenario. I have done consults with docs overseas. But in a perfect world I'd love nothing more than to stay in my own country.  

I agree there are some diamonds in the rough out there. They might not have as many posted results or reviews as the top surgeons. So, they don't charge as much as a more well known clinic. However, these surgeons are located overseas. I don't believe you will find any American surgeons in that price range that are doing superb upper echelon level work. Sure, you might not get botched but if you need a repair or density enhancement then your paying a premium for another surgery and essentially saved no money in the long run. Just don't gamble with your hair man. Too many shady clinics just looking for income. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

1 hour ago, SD1984 said:

Looking to find out if any solid, reputable clinics on the east coast exist in the United States. I'm talking $4-$6 per graft range here and not the wild $8 range that we see in so many of the better clinics out there. Prefereably looking for somewhere in the Northeast but would be willing to travel as far down as Florida. I am currently in New York and though I have met with some top surgeons in NYC for consults, their prices are just outrageous.

There is a clinic in New Jersey that I know a couple of people online have posted photos from. "Eternal Hair" is the name. They charge around $4 a graft for FUE and seem to have solid results and a nice little social media presence and good reviews online, but I just can't get behind the fact that they are one of those places that do all sorts of other cosmetic work too. (i.e. Botox, other fillers, etc). I'd prefer a place that specializes in ONLY hair restoration. But I guess I can't be too picky when it comes to wanting to find something less expensive. Does anyone know how much Jerry Cooley in North Carolina charges these days? Love his work. Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for FUT or FUE?

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

2 hours ago, SD1984 said:

But I guess I can't be too picky when it comes to wanting to find something less expensive.

This mindset has resulted in countless patients having to undergo a repair surgery.  That's more money spent than if they would have done things right the first time.  

• Like 2

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

3 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

This mindset has resulted in countless patients having to undergo a repair surgery.  That's more money spent than if they would have done things right the first time.  

What are the top 3 clinics in Turkey in your opinion? For me it's Pekiner, HLC and Demirsoy

I wouldn't claim to be an expert on the best docs in Turkey - other members of the board can chime in on that.  I would just advise you to go about finding the best possible surgeon for your particular case, not letting cost or location become deciding factors. 

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

8 hours ago, SD1984 said:

What are the top 3 clinics in Turkey in your opinion? For me it's Pekiner, HLC and Demirsoy

For me I would include Dr Bicer, maybe Keser also. Even Dr Erdogan (Asmed) if you choose the very top tier option where he is involved in the HT

Edited by JohnAC71

22 hours ago, SD1984 said:

For the price you're seeking, you can get a great surgeon to do an FUT in the US. You'll have more lifetime donor grafts as well using FUT for a few sessions and then going to FUE.

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/7/2021 at 7:01 PM, SD1984 said:

Hi, new to the forum and found it through searching eternal hair.  Just had my consult there, was wondering if you ended up working with them or someone else? I realize this is an old post but I can't message as a new member I guess? Thanks!

1 hour ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Dr. Nader is probably the best low budget doc that is near the US. You can stay in Texas by the border and his staff drives you over to their clinic in Reynosa.

That's interesting, I didn't see any notes about that on his site. I saw Dr Camacho in Columbia had a portion of his site around packages. I'll check Dr Nader again, thanks! 

4 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

check out their youtube channel, they are legit

apparently they are also open in trying out verteporfin which could be a gamechanger in hairtransplant 

Great to know! I'll reach out as well, i'm not to caught up on verteporfin. I had FUT 15-20 years ago and FUE has completely changed everything, crazy how much it's advanced. Thanks for the recommendation!

18 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

You can go to Europe and pay $3-$4 per and get a great surgeon.

Cuoto

pinto

ferreira

DeFreitas 

Interesting. Thanks for the list of names, I haven't been to Europe since before Covid...i'll look into these! Thanks