The Hair Dr, Leeds

• Administrators

This is a significant improvement and looks right on track at 8 months. Density and maturity will improve in the next 4 months. Face is already framed much better. Crown looks surprisingly strong for 8 months 👌
 F398A0C1-1846-41E2-8527-4266DA3FD682.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looking at it objectivily, there's a definite improvement. 

The issue I see is your pre-surgery position was still strong. You have a robust forelock and modest crown loss. This raises the bar somewhat on the final result expectation.

As of 8 months, I would say it looks disappointing by the standards of some of the other presentations. Will it improve? perhaps, but we can only pass judgement on what we see now.

I think the brushed up style highlights the lack of density, especially on the left temple. I would like to see a comparison with shorter hair, recreating the style shown in the 'before' photos.

Just like my old school reports, not terrible but room for improvement😊

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, AA1989 said:

The issue I see is your pre-surgery position was still strong. You have a robust forelock and modest crown loss. This raises the bar somewhat on the final result expectation.

As of 8 months, I would say it looks disappointing by the standards of some of the other presentations. Will it improve? perhaps, but we can only pass judgement on what we see now.

I think the brushed up style highlights the lack of density, especially on the left temple. I would like to see a comparison with shorter hair, recreating the style shown in the 'before' photos.

😂 I’ll be getting my hair cut soon, so will ask for a proper trim just to compare. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 3:59 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I am saying it how it is, it looks better than the last month, with more months ahead. How can OP move forward when it’s only 8 months? Your post doesn’t even make sense. 

Op, please share front facing and top down pictures as well so we have more before and afters for comparison. 

But your neglecting to mention that it's below what you would expect from a "good" clinic. At least in my opinion and clearly of the other posters. 

Typically hair doesn't improve in quantity much from 8 months onwards, so saying "only" 8 months is a bit ingenuous, but granted is a small chance it may get a big boost. 

And finally for the op moving forward does not necessarily mean taking action, but mentally preparing that the result may not have been what was expected. 

As much as you try to impose your opinion, I think my post makes perfect sense and we're all entitled to our opinion. 

Hoping for the best OP Your latest pics do look better.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2022 at 8:54 PM, AA1989 said:

Just had my hair cut shorter, so here’s a photo photos. The lighting is slightly softer than the last ones, so the lack of density doesn’t look as severe. 

BE7AEDFE-3557-49E2-9309-DA0BCDFA6C3C.jpeg

CC1CA0CE-EBCB-4A00-B39E-D6D6D9D09FD6.jpeg

B9201A6B-DECF-4461-876F-CCF7F8B334B3.jpeg

85ED5AB8-51CD-456F-81F1-B5EABAB6BEDB.jpeg

45F40926-B02A-48C7-84B9-70A60EB83C6C.jpeg

52D28873-1FCE-45B3-B87B-19626878CA00.jpeg

A2023F06-CAE2-4762-9CEB-EDD490170A0E.jpeg

C93FD4F3-A564-4974-A412-F7F1B14E75AD.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marko7t4 said:

Just had my hair cut shorter, so here’s a photo photos. The lighting is slightly softer than the last ones, so the lack of density doesn’t look as severe. 

Indoor lighting tends to be more favourable than outdoors. It looks better short, and on the positive side, no one would suspect you've had a HT. I know you are in dialogue with the clinic, so keep us posted on that and any improvements in density.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AA1989 said:

Indoor lighting tends to be more favourable than outdoors. It looks better short, and on the positive side, no one would suspect you've had a HT. I know you are in dialogue with the clinic, so keep us posted on that and any improvements in density.

I’ve got a consultation with them on 4th March. I’ll update after that. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, New_Barnet_Please said:

Sorry to say but this looks very very thin at the front. Not a nice dense packed hairline that you’d get from a top clinic.

Don’t wish to be negative but just giving honest feedback. Hope it improves for you in the final months OP.

Yeh, I didn’t want to come across negative earlier, but I can’t be the only one seeing density issues ? I think what’s likely is during the OP visit they will mention a top up procedure as they have with others. If I was a betting man I would say around 1k worth of grafts. Yes it’s a improvement from your starting point. But is it adequate ? 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 2:43 AM, Zoobz said:

But your neglecting to mention that it's below what you would expect from a "good" clinic. At least in my opinion and clearly of the other posters. 

Typically hair doesn't improve in quantity much from 8 months onwards, so saying "only" 8 months is a bit ingenuous, but granted is a small chance it may get a big boost. 

And finally for the op moving forward does not necessarily mean taking action, but mentally preparing that the result may not have been what was expected. 

As much as you try to impose your opinion, I think my post makes perfect sense and we're all entitled to our opinion. 

Hoping for the best OP Your latest pics do look better.

1 hour ago, New_Barnet_Please said:

Sorry to say but this looks very very thin at the front. Not a nice dense packed hairline that you’d get from a top clinic.

Don’t wish to be negative but just giving honest feedback. Hope it improves for you in the final months OP.

1 hour ago, JC71 said:

Yeh, I didn’t want to come across negative earlier, but I can’t be the only one seeing density issues ? I think what’s likely is during the OP visit they will mention a top up procedure as they have with others. If I was a betting man I would say around 1k worth of grafts. Yes it’s a improvement from your starting point. But is it adequate ? 

Personally I don't think you guys need to excuse or explain yourselves. A studio with professional light equipment is not needed to see that it looks a bit thin for 8 months. I'm not saying this is a failed transplant, but the subpar results from this doctor is not isolated one single case unfortunately.

And in my honest opinion Melvin is coming off as overly defensive in regards to this Dr. Not only in this thread but also in others.

There is still room for improvement @Marko7t4. I'm hoping for the best for you!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ConnorCrosby said:

Personally I don't think you guys need to excuse or explain yourselves. A studio with professional light equipment is not needed to see that it looks a bit thin for 8 months. I'm not saying this is a failed transplant, but the subpar results from this doctor is not isolated one single case unfortunately.

And in my honest opinion Melvin is coming off as overly defensive in regards to this Dr. Not only in this thread but also in others.

There is still room for improvement @Marko7t4. I'm hoping for the best for you!

Yeh when I am being open on what I see, I just don’t want @Marko7t4to think we are being anything other that giving constructive criticism. And it’s something the OP first brought up. We are here to give feedback and need to be able to talk about the issues we can see. None of us are saying it’s a failed ht. Just that for this stage it should be better. It appears to be stalling. Ok so best case scenario is some improvement over the next few months, so fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AA1989 said:

Back 2020 @Zach Black in answer to a question by @JC71 said:

image.png.22d57362790b029a1518598b042db26a.png

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/57380-recent-transplant-at-hair-dr-clinic-leeds/

@Marko7t4 Was Dr A as equally involved in your procedure?

I can’t remember if he checked the grafts, but was in and out a few times to check on the technicians, as was Dr Hamza. He did the extractions and channels though.  I’m grateful for everyone’s input and I obviously had concerns, which is why I put the pics on in the first place. From the fact that the clinic have asked me to come in for a consultation at what will be 9 months, im guessing that they can tell that it’s not turned out how it was expected to. Fingers crossed they can pack the area behind the hairline to make it denser. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marko7t4 said:

I can’t remember if he checked the grafts, but was in and out a few times to check on the technicians, as was Dr Hamza. He did the extractions and channels though.  I’m grateful for everyone’s input and I obviously had concerns, which is why I put the pics on in the first place. From the fact that the clinic have asked me to come in for a consultation at what will be 9 months, im guessing that they can tell that it’s not turned out how it was expected to. Fingers crossed they can pack the area behind the hairline to make it denser. 

Im thinking they will offer you a top up of around 1k to give you a better result. They have done this with others. Let’s see. I hope your visit goes well. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Im thinking they will offer you a top up of around 1k to give you a better result. They have done this with others. Let’s see. I hope your visit goes well. 

Cheers mate. @Zach Black Did you need a top up after yours?  I’ve seen a few people who are getting top ups, but I’d like to see the result of one of the top ups too. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went for a 9 month consultation with Dr Arshad yesterday and I’ve got to say that I’m astounded, in a good way. Adam was his usual welcoming self. Then I went through to meet with Dr Arshad for him to assess my progress. He said he thought it had progressed well, although agreed that the left side was lagging behind the right a bit, and couldn’t understand why I had some concerns. He checked my progress thoroughly and took some photos. He said that there was plenty of growth, and still hairs coming through, although some were white and grey, which obviously contrasted with my native hair. Sommiya joined us. Dr A pointed out that my hair was a lot darker before the procedure. I told him that was because I dyed it but hadn’t since as I didn’t think I could yet. He said there was no reason not to at this stage. Sommiya said she noticed that my scalp (and face) was slightly red. This was an ongoing thing which I’d been using Nizarol as a face wash for a couple of years as directed by my GP. Sommiya took me to a side room, gave me a medicated treatment on my scalp and then dyed my hair. OMG what a difference this has made. The front is now looking a lot better (in my opinion), even the left side is an improvement. Here are some picture I’ve taken this morning. 

306CEDAD-F9AD-4010-B492-6FBAD52CFD25.jpeg

62327461-37D5-4A6D-840E-0C499D2DDAD1.jpeg

EFAC39D8-4508-4688-9AE3-DCB632812C28.jpeg

62485421-314C-41A7-BD0D-31BE9B8675A9.jpeg

76D72492-A57C-4995-90A2-2627FA758DE9.jpeg

58628234-AB3E-43B7-A890-B5FC1C91B44E.jpeg

EEE58997-ADF5-4BF7-937B-37294C8D3201.jpeg

981971B2-1E96-40BC-8ACB-B7638AF9C1BE.jpeg

18452F07-CE40-4BF0-9F18-E5BF94569C5D.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

So, today is 10 months post op. Here are my latest pictures after just dying my hair again. I’ve combed it up to show progress of the front on some, as well as combed it forward on some to show the crown. Others I’ve messed my hair up a bit. It’s not too noticeable when messed up, but I still think the left side at the front is less dense than the right.

6DAF2FFE-8E65-44B3-866C-D0BD29CE7E47.jpeg

94226856-3091-4859-AC10-6E3421BB0E92.jpeg

39D30CA8-6C3A-4114-99A8-0042D7F07620.jpeg

59FE2192-836D-4C1B-9C4B-46C5966BB7FE.jpeg

54CEAA14-0758-47D6-B5E7-96A3B9FE28A4.jpeg

BA2C4AC2-598C-402D-93FD-53E46A708705.jpeg

45A95F5D-7839-4552-9F2A-4671CF688710.jpeg

E849140E-4D68-47FD-9266-8CF3E88933F1.jpeg

E054BFB4-22AD-4133-A4A8-5443D2AEDEC1.jpeg

0C32D8B3-D671-4D40-8338-98D71EB277E5.jpeg

8D879933-2EF5-43E8-8815-BA14E832865D.jpeg

5E92E9E0-9471-43E2-AFDF-071D53F102FC.jpeg