Why cant ht doctors treat male patients like female patients ?

Been looking at results of female ht patients and as far as it looks, female patients show better results than male patients. So why cant doctors perform ht procedures on men like they do on women?

That and the fact that most women are effectively "low norwoods" in terms of grafts needed. Most women just want to lower their hairline a bit or fix a bit of recession. That's like a 2k graft procedure for the most part whereas some guys are fixing their entire midscalp and hairline which is a whole different procedure.

Look at NW2 guys and they'll see fairly similar high quality results to women. Turns out if you have a ton of grafts available in a small area, a lot of donor, and minimal foreseeable loss, you're very likely to have a great result

Edited by deeznuts

Female hair restoration is a double edged sword. The areas usually desired are the hairline and hairline lowering which makes the area quite limited and hence we have a smaller area to fill, potentially yielding denser results. Nonetheless, the female hairline is by far more challenging than males due to different directions, angles, shape and temple design. A botched female hairline is unforgiving in many ways and can really be difficult to repair or salvage. Women can not simply shave or do SMP to hide a bad job in their hairline. Moreover, female donor areas tend to have finer hairs and I find the FUE extraction in females far more challenging due to finer hairs generally and a more acute exit angle. 

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

I agree with @DrTBarghouthi. I would add that females tend to have more diffuse thinning as well, whereas in men the area of hair loss is usually quite discrete. 

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

7 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Female hair restoration is a double edged sword. The areas usually desired are the hairline and hairline lowering which makes the area quite limited and hence we have a smaller area to fill, potentially yielding denser results. Nonetheless, the female hairline is by far more challenging than males due to different directions, angles, shape and temple design. A botched female hairline is unforgiving in many ways and can really be difficult to repair or salvage. Women can not simply shave or do SMP to hide a bad job in their hairline. Moreover, female donor areas tend to have finer hairs and I find the FUE extraction in females far more challenging due to finer hairs generally and a more acute exit angle. 

Honestly I just cant see how female hairlines are more challenging than men's since men have greater areas of loss than them. Women really just need 'touch ups' whereas men's scalps are more pronounced where they need more complicated work done. If you think about it, a male patient with nw 1 or 2 would be considered in the same league as a woman who needs a touch up with results being the same since the area of native hairs in back support the front transplanted hairs in front with its density.

But a male with nw 4 or 5 would be considered a huge challenge for obvious reasons and compared to a female, a greater challenge.

I'm no doctor myself. But youre the doctor and I respect your views nonetheless.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foor said:

Honestly I just cant see how female hairlines are more challenging than men's since men have greater areas of loss than them. Women really just need 'touch ups' whereas men's scalps are more pronounced where they need more complicated work done. If you think about it, a male patient with nw 1 or 2 would be considered in the same league as a woman who needs a touch up with results being the same since the area of native hairs in back support the front transplanted hairs in front with its density.

But a male with nw 4 or 5 would be considered a huge challenge for obvious reasons and compared to a female, a greater challenge.

I'm no doctor myself. But youre the doctor and I respect your views nonetheless.

Ofcourse from an area and density/numbers point of view men would need more grafts. Nonetheless, a diffuse thinning female in a ludwig 2 and above pattern might not be suitable for surgery anyway. The challenge with females is in no way numerical (in most cases) that’s what I meant to stay. It is purely more technical/ aesthetic. 
Furthermore, remember that fewer females are actually suitable candidates. The bulk of the Androgenetic Alopecia females are not and if they were to have a transplant their results won’t be impressive at all. Your opinion is rightly driven by good female results that you are seeing based on good work and good patient selection. However, you should see the amount of failed female hair transplants that I see for example from other clinics and this is simply based on poor selection and a big female loss pattern that can not be made dense in anyway. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram