Stick or Twist? Second HT with Dr Arshad being considered...

Hi guys

Unbelievable forum - so nice to see what seems on the face of it to be unbiased information -very hard to come by on this particular topic!

I had an HT 5 years with The Hair Clinic only on the front of the head - did very little research, didnt know about this place - i was pretty happy with the results - though I'm not expert enough to actually judge that. Anyway, the midline and crown have lost further during that time (I stopped taking Fin for 2 years in the middle) - and I am considering a second procedure with The Hair Dr; Dr Arshad. Bit of a cheat really - I would just like a few knowledgeable people to reply saying - "no brainer, do it!!"  - take the stress out of the final decision 🤣

Have already spoken with them and they have recommended 2500 grafts @ £3 each and say i have good donor and should get decent coverage over the midline, they would put more in the front and maybe a little on the crown. Idea being to have reasonable density midline to front and then whatever can be spared on the crown (I had said I was comfortable with this plan - not really expecting a "perfect" result - just some good options through the front and "not completely bald" in terms of the crown.

Have put some images below to give an idea - i take 1mg Finasteride every 1 or 2 days for the past one year and going forward will stick with this.

The alternative option is to say - not likely to get a good enough result - bail out now before going for a second procedure - please do say that if you think that.

There are some "fuller" pictures at the end - that is with me using Toppik. Happy to continue doing that but would like to be using less to be honest - at the moment it feels like more concealer than hair! And of course i am stuck with ALWAYS needing concealer - a second HT would give some coverage without concealer - which would make life a lot easier (maybe resume swimming, wear a cap without the concealer disappearing in the middle of the day etc) 

So, looking for that advice guys - Stick or Twist? read some good reviews of Dr Arshad and keen to get some decent coverage - but not if those in the know look at the images and would honestly say i might be wasting my time and money chasing this.

Thanks in advance

1528074599_FirstHT.jpg.d6c9b5ffc9b153c0378b3230aa7775cf.jpg1275905329_Current1.jpg.bbd5abafc4de0c51bc1eb826bd5e54b8.jpg683599065_Current2.jpg.3276169dc54d35922d6e415896e711d3.jpg1845373549_Current3.jpg.f49d46627f48337f1ebb351360df58e1.jpg1847649211_WithConcealer.jpg.2370cfebf57276790ab6db1657f4f70c.jpg1878694825_WithConcealer2.jpg.cf63acadd0f8dd9739d6ff8667b560bb.jpg

Should also have noted, DHI offered something called a giga session for £9k - they didnt ask too many questions and i dint follow this up with them yet

Have spoken a couple times with the Hair Dr team and they have had some good comments / advice which is why i am considering pushing forward with them rather than DHI

Not against, though prefer not to. 

I tried to get a consultation with Dr Ferreira (?) As I saw some good reviews, but they couldn't give a date as to when he might be able to do that consultation. And I am keen on moving forward with this sooner than that

It seems your hair character and donor is favourable overall. I would not go with a full crown coverage though. Maybe make it less circular and bring the outer edges closer, as well as the mid scalp. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators

If you had a good experience and rapport with Dr. Arshad, I’d stick with him. Of course, it doesn’t hurt to consult with others. 

Feel free to submit free virtual consultations 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hair looks good with toppik.  Definitely get the mid-scalp done, but tread carefully with the crown. 

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators
1 hour ago, aaron1234 said:

Hair looks good with toppik.  Definitely get the mid-scalp done, but tread carefully with the crown. 

Agree, don’t load up on the crown too much.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks all, much appreciated. Fair few similar comments about the crown, so that seems to be the only open question. 

I will read around the forum for sure, but just quickly, what is the general view re the crown?

That it's basically pointless as no good coverage? 

You can get ok coverage but difficult to make it look natural?

Or just better to use those numbers further forward in general?

Thanks again

With the crown, good coverage comes with a good density, but this will usually require a higher number of grafts due to the fact that crown hair doesn’t cross link when it grows as in other areas. Part of your illusion of density is hairs growing in the same direction and giving a fuller look. In the crown, the direction of hair keeps changing and this makes it look less dense at times. It also reflects more light as it is a vertical plane. It can be made natural looking ofcourse. Nonetheless, if donor is an issue, or if patient is young, it should always be delayed or pushed down the priority list. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram