Why do some transplanted grafts have white bulbs and others don't?

For example these are two pictures immediately post op. What is the difference if there is a white bulb or not? Does one yield better results?75291722_10156552596152212_441321487530459136_n.jpg.b773059d1c8a5b43c5364bd1f9cd940c.jpg5h6t3c77ojy61.jpg.89fe97285c409b2a4ded9b36c2ca9dc2.jpg

Edited by spazy

Implanter pens usually leave the very top of the graft exposed.  Over time it just drops off.  Grafts can be pushed down further, but too far can result in problems.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

The white “bulbs” that you can see is epithelium. Epithelial tissue is a thin protective layer that lines the outer surface of organs and blood vessels throughout the body. It takes on the white tone when absorbing the saline solution that is sprayed during surgery. After surgery it will dry and naturally fall. If this part of the graft is pushed deeper and placed inside of the site, this may result with a “cobblestoning” effect and “pitting” of skin. Some grafts may have this tissue trimmed before placing, but it is a balance and should be done with extreme precision as damaging or harming the follicle in any way may effect the stem cells responsible for growth which may result in a finer and less structured hair.

• Like 3

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.