Was anybody else anxiously waiting for the travel announcement only to find Turkey somehow managed to find it's way on to the ''red'' list?

• Administrators

If you’ve been balding for years, waiting another year isn’t the end of the world. That said, there are good surgeons everywhere and no need to limit yourself to one country.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey: 

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Which surgeon? Use the extra time to save up money and do more research if your research hasn't been extensive. 

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Thanks, everyone 🙂

I have done extensive research and really like the place I was set to go, so want to stick with them. That being said, if I had an extra five grand laying around I would just pop over to Leeds an hour away and get it done there 😄

23 hours ago, jc80220 said:

Was meant to go over there for a transplant in January 😭

January is a very long time away. I thought Turkey was only on the red list for a month or two. 

I had my procedure in early November 2020. I was in discussion with Dr. Bruno Ferreira for a booking, but Portugal was not possible at the time. And I really wanted to get this done during the shutdown, work-from-home situation I was in. I reached out to HLC, Dr. Pekiner, and Dr. Bisanga. They all had a 2-3 month wait, but HLC had a cancellation in 2.5 weeks. So I took it and I'm glad I did.

My advice to you is to pick the best clinic you can afford. But there's one lesson I can share with you. Once you get a transplant, you'll regret not going sooner.

• Like 1