How is my progress ?

@Gatsby I got it performed at Gro docklands by Dr Alexis. I really just wanted my hair to be symmetrical as the left side was reciding.  But during my consultation I decided to bring it all forward. As for meds , I was on fin and min on and off for 2 years leading up to my decision to ht. It worked alittle bit but it was never going to give me the results a ht can give.Post transplant for the first 2 months I was on min and fin every 3 days. I have reacted to fin so I stopped it ( 3-4 months now). So I am now on no meds the only thing is I still use ketoconazole shampoo

3 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

got it....nothing before right? are you still on minox foam and or finas ?

I was on both on and off for about a year but stopped approx 6 months prior to ht then resumed post op ... I've been off min and fin for a out 3 months now

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 4000hairs said:

I was on both on and off for about a year but stopped approx 6 months prior to ht then resumed post op ... I've been off min and fin for a out 3 months now

Sorry to hear about finasteride not working out for you, that puts a big question mark on the long term battle for you. You've got an awesome front hairline to frame your face now, but you've used up a pretty healthy amount of your donor on a relatively small amount of the area you're gonna lose. I'd try to be more conservative with how many grafts you use in future hair transplants for the middle and crown areas of your head.

Keep on the lookup for safe DHT blockers to help slow down or halt your loss,  Breezula/Clascoterone is on the horizon with a weaker dosage already approved for treating acne, and they are working on getting FDA approval for the hair loss dosage. Hopefully that all comes to pass, its just topically applied and doesn't effect the body systemically like finasteride. And try to put off dealing with future transplants as much as you can with concealers like hair fibers and Dermmatch. That way you can better see how your loss will play out and have fewer more effective hair transplants to address it. The forum moderator @Melvin- Moderator has a great video on the thread below showing how much it has helped him conceal the loss further back on his head.

@ciaus apart from slight receding of my left temple  the rest of my hair was good.this is probably why I have responded so quickly as I didn't really need too much done.However my plan moving forward is to either try finasteride foam as it doesn't give off the same side affects as the tablets do or get prp twice a hear... I prefer prp option but I am open to proven suggestions 

4 hours ago, victormaitland said:

Your hair is looking great.

How would you describe Gro Clinic? It looks like they do good work. 

Thanks! In my experience the clinic is professionally run, I did have concerns as I kinda felt like it was going to be a franchise kind of operation and I wasn't going to get the results I wanted. But I am pleased how it all turned out.. its all hats off to the surgeon 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey lads , I'm 6.5 months post op now.. starting to come together.. ultimately the I am so happy I made the decision,  the results certainly are worth it! I'm still hoping for further results especially in regards to density in the corners..

Thoughts?

FaceApp_1636087439002.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 11:56 PM, 4000hairs said:

Hey lads , I'm 6.5 months post op now.. starting to come together.. ultimately the I am so happy I made the decision,  the results certainly are worth it! I'm still hoping for further results especially in regards to density in the corners..

Thoughts?

FaceApp_1636087439002.jpg

Looks Great

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

@Gatsby I've been following your posts across this forum and it seems like this was a very good outcome at Gro Clinics, but you stopped responding in this thread. Do you have any information on this clinic? Seems like it could be a good potential option for Australians :)

Their website also has a considerable amount of Before/After photos too, compared to any other Australian site I've seen.

Edited by memeisland