My results from SMP density treatment

Just now, Lightmare said:

Nice.  Did you notice any shock loss or increased shedding since you got it done?

No, and I’ve never heard of that happening to anyone. I’m also completely covered in tattoos and none of them have caused body hair loss.

SMP is placed at a very shallow depth, much higher than where the follicle is. it shouldn’t cause shedding or shock loss. 

• Like 1

I see, and that makes total sense. Asking because I saw an anecdote from the forums somewhere that mentioned they got increased shedding 1 month after a density SMP which they got after they had their HT.  Though there are many causes to shedding so it can be hard to pinpoint the cause…so gotta take that with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

SMP should be deposited in the upper layer of the dermis (my machine deposits at .5mm). This is nowhere near deep enough as to damage hair follicles. 

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good pending you don't lose more hair.  Reason I say this, smp done on density fills must be darker in shade to look decent. Only downside is if you start losing hair that darker shade will appear super unnatural and if you ever decide to shave and go full smp, you'll have a mess on your hands from the dark pigment used.

But it doesn't look like you'll be having any issues with hair fall at the moment so all should be well.  

I tend to stay away from this. Risky business.

2 minutes ago, EnhancedScalp said:

Looks good pending you don't lose more hair.  Reason I say this, smp done on density fills must be darker in shade to look decent. Only downside is if you start losing hair that darker shade will appear super unnatural and if you ever decide to shave and go full smp, you'll have a mess on your hands from the dark pigment used.

But it doesn't look like you'll be having any issues with hair fall at the moment so all should be well.  

I tend to stay away from this. Risky business.

My hair loss has been stabilized, but if I do happen to lose more then I’ll get another transplant. 

Also a few things wrong with what you said. First off being that the ink for the SMP isn’t darker then my normal hair. I have really dark hair and the ink matches. Second, SMP ink fades, so the color is going to lighten anyway over time. Third, whereas I don’t plan to ever shave my head, the density SMP was done the same as normal head shaved SMP (just lots of little dots). If I did shave my head, I’d just need to go in for 1-2 sessions to blend the scalp/SMP area into the areas below where there is no hair loss (plus I’d need to get SMP on my scar.)

I wouldn’t say it’s risky business at all if you go to a professional who knows what they’re doing. Like anything else, if you go to someone unqualified then yes it will be a mess, but if you go to people who know what they’re doing, you’ll get great results. 

7 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

My hair loss has been stabilized, but if I do happen to lose more then I’ll get another transplant. 

Also a few things wrong with what you said. First off being that the ink for the SMP isn’t darker then my normal hair. I have really dark hair and the ink matches. Second, SMP ink fades, so the color is going to lighten anyway over time. Third, whereas I don’t plan to ever shave my head, the density SMP was done the same as normal head shaved SMP (just lots of little dots). If I did shave my head, I’d just need to go in for 1-2 sessions to blend the scalp/SMP area into the areas below where there is no hair loss (plus I’d need to get SMP on my scar.)

I wouldn’t say it’s risky business at all if you go to a professional who knows what they’re doing. Like anything else, if you go to someone unqualified then yes it will be a mess, but if you go to people who know what they’re doing, you’ll get great results. 

I do this for a living mate.  I'm giving you experienced advice, but if you're happy with your results thats all that matters.

Just now, EnhancedScalp said:

I do this for a living mate.  I'm giving you experienced advice, but if you're happy with your results thats all that matters.

Lots of people do stuff for a living and still give out misinformation, or go based on their own experiences without realizing others so it differently. Every industry is filled with people who work at elite status, people who half ass it, and people who just aren’t any good. The guys that did mine were trained by the best in the business and have countless awards for their work. Can you say the same?

Bottom line, just about everything you said was wrong about my specific case and the specific company that did my work. If there are companies out there doing the things you’re saying, then I hope people avoid them for density work. But the fact of the matter is that the place I went to as well as many other reputable places do quality density work that doesn’t have the issues you speak about. I think it’s good that you stay away from it, as I do agree it would be risky business if you did it, based on what you’re saying here. 

This is a positive forum, and not a place to spread misinformation nor try to make others feel bad about themselves and their decisions. If you’re just going to post misinformation and disparage people, I ask that you not do it on my thread please. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EvoXOhio said:

My final thoughts. It’s odd that you’re talking bad about density SMP, saying you stay away from it, then your website for your company says it’s something you offer…..

F082B6B1-09AE-45EC-91DC-A19288317D84.jpeg

Your SMP looks good, I was just chiming in on density fills in general.

I was not shitting on your decisions or results.  But you're acting like I was personally attacking you, and coming at me like I have no idea what im talking about. 

Listen, you got your smp, youre happy with it, thats all that matters.

I will refrain from your posts, and give my honest, sound good advice to people on here.

Im in the business to help ppl not to take their money, painting heads.

Edited by EnhancedScalp

Just now, EnhancedScalp said:

Yours looks good mate as I said, not sure why you're freaking out.

Let it go man.

I’m not freaking out at all, I just don’t like seeing misinformation being spread nor being attacked, especially by someone who “doesn’t do density treatments” because they’re bad yet offers it as a service on their site. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

I’m not freaking out at all, I just don’t like seeing misinformation being spread nor being attacked, especially by someone who “doesn’t do density treatments” because they’re bad yet offers it as a service on their site. 

There is no misinformation being spread. I am speaking from experience from not only mine, but people who have been in this industry for a long time.  Again, if you were to shave your head down to a stubble, would that ink used on ur head match?  That's all I was getting at.  Like I said yours looks good for your particular situation and I was giving you props on it. 

I'm not attacking you, nor the clinic you went to. I was speaking on density fills in general. I refrain from most density fills I said, I didn't say I don't do them.  

Let's leave it alone, and carry on productive on this forum. 

I wish you all the best, and hope your smp/hair stays looking good.

Edited by EnhancedScalp
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...

@EnhancedScalp I owe you a huge, huge apology. When I made those comments I was going through a very dark time in my life. I suffer from borderline personality disorder and depression, but I wasn’t on any medication at the time. I’m on meds now and in a much better place. My sincerest apologies as you didn’t deserve it and I was just projecting my own insecurities. Your work is absolutely phenomenal and I’ve actually recommended you to several people looking for shaved head SMP

• Like 7

• 6 months later...
1 minute ago, Der3k7 said:

What about when you get old and your hair turns white

I have a very long time until my hair is white. By that time, the SMP will have faded considerably and most likely blend just fine. Worst case, I get a few laser sessions to lighten it. 

I see.

so if you are with a woman or partner and they are playing with your hair looking at it or if the wind is blowing a lot does it look funny? As in there are these dark dots in your scalp that are not hairs? 

or when your hair is wet? 

Edited by Der3k7

Just now, Der3k7 said:

I see.

so if you are with a woman or partner and they are playing with your hair looking at it or if the wind is blowing a lot does it look funny? As in there are these dark dots in your scalp that are not hairs? 

My wife has been with me since before my HT and SMP. So in bright lighting up close if she was playing with my hair, I’m sure she could see dots. As far as the wind, I have really long hair so I spray a bit of hairspray on my crown so it doesn’t blow around. When my hair was short the wind didn’t blow it so there was no issue, although I still used hairspray to be safe.