Dr. Bisanga - Inside the Op-Room - Utilising Chest Hair

Aside from Dr.Bisanga's "Bitesize" videos that are garnishing a growing fan base, here is a unique look "inside the op-room", to jump from the theory to the practice and the confident manner and clean work that can be seen. Dr. Bisanga explains some tips and the approach used in finding the "anagen" phase hair and discusses the angles needed to harvest the follicular units. Come and join us from the punching to the extraction of these grafts with "live commentary" from Dr. Bisanga.

• Like 7

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators

Man BHR are killing it with these videos. Seriously 👏🏼 I can’t wait to see the beard hair video. That patient puts my beard to shame haha. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for your support. It is a great video that I personally very much enjoyed.

1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

Will you be able to document this case ? 

With the patients continued consent and support, hopefully we are able to document his progress.

• Like 1

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

2 hours ago, WildBlueberry said:

I love you guys’ videos! Which punch system does dr bisanga utilize for most cases of head and bht?

Thanks for the support @WildBlueberry
Dr. Bisanga generally uses a Trivellini device but will utilize a UGraft punch amongst other options depending on each patients personal hair characteristics and requirements.
For most patients Dr. Bisanga will use an edge out punch that has specifically designed angulation to facilitate the punching process, but will utilise a trumpet punch when necessary.
This applies to both scalp and body hair with changing of punch size based on follicular requirements.

• Like 2

Chest hair is generally considered as a viable option after the scalp and beard. Due to its single hair characteristics and the finer and somewhat curled hair that it presents, it is necessary to be utilised as a filler, supplementing scalp hair with favourable scalp/chest ratios. This is because chest hair alone will never achieve the desired illusion of density that is required and without strategic approach and placing with intended ratios, it may be recognised as non scalp hair.
In most males, you can see skin on your chest through your scalp hair. This would represent a similar visual if chest hair was placed independently on the scalp. It would be very fine and transparent, therefore chest hair should be realistically understood both in terms of the extra donor source that it can present in viable candidates, but also its limitations.

• Like 2