Low Dose Oral Minoxidil Safety

Curious25

39 minutes ago, duchaine said:

me in past.
3,75 mg oral + 6 ml/5% topical.
I got bored to use topical so I switched to 5 mg oral.
I had goos results from topical but I can assure you that oral send topical to bed.

So you just use 5mg oral daily, and do you feel that is better than 6ml of the 5% topical ? I've never used the topical before, but aren't the directions to just use 1ml, twice a day? 

25 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

So you just use 5mg oral daily, and do you feel that is better than 6ml of the 5% topical ? I've never used the topical before, but aren't the directions to just use 1ml, twice a day? 

there are several researches showing that 6ml is more effective and not harmful.

On 1/5/2022 at 2:57 PM, Curious25 said:

Does anyone know what the comparable dosage of using this orally, would be compared to the 5% topical application twice daily? 

Thanks 

yh its a simple equation:

1ml roughly equals 1g for water

0.05*2 = 0.1

approx 0.1 grams of minoxidil is in a 2ml application, due to the low molecular weight of minox (209 daltons) i suspect a lot of it is going systemic

Edited by mmokin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mmokin said:

yh its a simple equation:

1ml roughly equals 1g for water

0.05*2 = 0.1

approx 0.1 grams of minoxidil is in a 2ml application, due to the low molecular weight of minox (209 daltons) i suspect a lot of it is going systemic

Do taking 2.5mg orally is A LOT more than any topical guideline dosages? 

I thought 5% solution might have tied in with the 5mg recommended dosage of OM somehow ? 

For instance , I’ve been told 1ml of 0.1% topical dutasteride is the equivalent of 1mg dutasteride.  

So I’m confused at to the formula to workout the comparative dosages between topicals/orals? 

Thanks 

56 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

For instance , I’ve been told 1ml of 0.1% topical dutasteride is the equivalent of 1mg dutasteride.  

So I’m confused at to the formula to workout the comparative dosages between topicals/orals? 

Thanks 

1ml = 1g for most liquids on earth, so thats how i did the calculation, 

1ml = 1000mg

1000 * 0.001 = 1

so you are correct that 1ml of 0.1 dutasteride = 1mg dutasteride

Edited by mmokin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

Do taking 2.5mg orally is A LOT more than any topical guideline dosages? 

I thought 5% solution might have tied in with the 5mg recommended dosage of OM somehow ? 

0.1 grams is going to be the same as 100mg so you are taking 40 times more minox into your system with a topical application as opposed to taking a 2.5mg pill but i assume that a lot of it is not absorbed by your body so the affect is a lot weaker

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 1:15 PM, lexzeus said:

I've been taking oral minoxidil for over 2 years (2.5mg) no side effects whatsoever and great results. My hair got much thicker. 

Does oral minoxidil Increase the survival rate of grafts after a surgery?