Korea releases OTC hair loss drug: Dexnoxyl (found on Dr. Rassmans blog)

deeznuts

• Administrators

@Dr. Suhail Khokhardo you have info on this?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The only clinical studies I've seen on dexpanthenol in regards to hair growth are of poor quality (I've linked them here). Unfortunately, for now, the mainstays are still minoxidil and finasteride. I've asked some folks with biochemistry/hair loss science backgrounds and they're equivocal about it as well:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/jocd.13729

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/jocd.13729

Both studies used subjective measures (Dermatologic Life Quality Index (DLQI) and a modified hair growth questionnaire) to gauge success, which isn't useful. They should have used objective measures such as measuring improvements or lack thereof in terms of hair density. It could be promising, but they need better methodology to gauge actual effectiveness. 

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider.