Crown transplant

Hello,

I had 2 strip surgeries with a well known Dr in Long Island, NY mainly for front and mid scalp (a bit in the crown) and now I want to do my crown but at this time via FUE (don’t want a wider scar then from what I have now). 
my question is, any good dr for fue that can also do some beard extraction in addition to the donor? My Long Island DR don’t do BHT at all 

Edited by surferhair

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, surferhair said:

Hello,

I had 2 strip surgeries with a well known Dr in Long Island, NY mainly for front and mid scalp (a bit in the crown) and now I want to do my crown but at this time via FUE (don’t want a wider scar then from what I have now). 
my question is, any good dr for fue that can also do some beard extraction in addition to the donor? My Long Island DR don’t do BHT at all 

True and Dorin are an excellent choice. They’re also in NY. You can talk to @BeHappy who has had several sessions with them. 

Here’s our link for all of our New York recommendations 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/NY/New York

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi Melvin,

thank you. I’ll reach out to him. I had 2 strips with dr bloxham, yes it was good but I wasn’t 100% satisfied, I’m not sure if it’s my hair lose that kept progressing or it’s the dr. My hair lose after the first surgery kept going so this is why after 2 years I came back to bloxham but he really just went over his work (like hairline and some more areas) and not new areas like crown so now I have good hairline (I would say) and ok first portion of the mid scalp but everything behind it starting to thin out. After the 2nd strip the dr said I have plenty of donor to use and he participate that my crown and sides will drop over the year and then I can go and do another surgery but I think I want to check out some other dr and I don’t mind traveling out of the state for example dr diep and dr Hans heinicke from Madrid, both doctors shows great crown results vs dr Bloxhame that shows OK results (not wow bot not bad) so really want to see what’s my options, what do you think? 

You know what? I don’t have pictures and I don’t even want to see my crown to be honest, I just know I’m thinning there and I put toppik for the crown but it’s becoming annoying and I really need to just go for my 3rd surgery, it’s time. Hair line and mid scalp behind it is good, don’t think I need to do anything there, really want the crown and top to be done.

my last 2 surgeries was with dr bloxham but I think I want to change.

im not on meds only minoxidil biotin

2 hours ago, surferhair said:

You know what? I don’t have pictures and I don’t even want to see my crown to be honest, I just know I’m thinning there and I put toppik for the crown but it’s becoming annoying and I really need to just go for my 3rd surgery, it’s time. Hair line and mid scalp behind it is good, don’t think I need to do anything there, really want the crown and top to be done.

my last 2 surgeries was with dr bloxham but I think I want to change.

im not on meds only minoxidil biotin

If you are not on FIN, then it is most likely the lack of medication that made you progress further.

Without pictures, it would be hard to give any input as we do not know the gravity of the situation.

Also you may want to re-think going for an FUE since you aren't on FIN and your hair loss will continue to progress as it most likely already has to a noticeable extent.

It's fair that you are frustrated with your situation but if you need our input, we need to see some pictures.

• Moderators
On 4/9/2021 at 5:05 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

True and Dorin are an excellent choice. They’re also in NY. You can talk to @BeHappy who has had several sessions with them. 

True & Dorin do FUT, FUE and FUE using body hair (BHT). If you had FUT before and not sure if you should do another FUT or if it's time to go with FUE, then try consulting with them. They would most likely be a better choice to suggest what they feel is best for your current situation since they do all three, so they don't need to be like some other places that may try to convince you that the one type of procedure they do is the best choice.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
On 4/9/2021 at 6:03 PM, surferhair said:

Hi Melvin,

thank you. I’ll reach out to him. I had 2 strips with dr bloxham, yes it was good but I wasn’t 100% satisfied, I’m not sure if it’s my hair lose that kept progressing or it’s the dr. My hair lose after the first surgery kept going so this is why after 2 years I came back to bloxham but he really just went over his work (like hairline and some more areas) and not new areas like crown so now I have good hairline (I would say) and ok first portion of the mid scalp but everything behind it starting to thin out. After the 2nd strip the dr said I have plenty of donor to use and he participate that my crown and sides will drop over the year and then I can go and do another surgery but I think I want to check out some other dr and I don’t mind traveling out of the state for example dr diep and dr Hans heinicke from Madrid, both doctors shows great crown results vs dr Bloxhame that shows OK results (not wow bot not bad) so really want to see what’s my options, what do you think? 

Dr. Diep doesn’t do BHT. One of the best clinics if you don’t mind traveling is Eugenix in India. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

24 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Dr. Diep doesn’t do BHT. One of the best clinics if you don’t mind traveling is Eugenix in India. 

Thank you but India is just too far. I rather stay in the US, I heard about DR konir in Chicago, true and dorin here in nyc, deip. Anyone else you think I should look into for crown fue work? I’ll travel anywhere within North America