About my hair loss

Rohitg

3 hours ago, Rohitg said:

Sir may I know how much dosage of oral minoxidil is used for hair loss..And are there any serious side effects due to the medication...

Minoxidil was originally developed for high blood pressure, and for that the dosages are usually in the 40mg and on up to 100mg a day range. The most common dosages for hairloss are much smaller, 1.25mg and 2.5mg pills, and you take one pill daily. I wouldn't go any higher than 2.5mg to minimize the chance of any side effects, and that's what I'm taking. I had some lightheadedness the first week or so when I started, that passed and I've had no issues since. If you read the potential side effects, its almost always referring to the dosage levels that treat high blood pressure, which is a serious condition and there are some potentially serious side effects that can come from that.

You should check out those two recent topics I linked in my last post above for more details.

On 3/23/2021 at 12:55 PM, hybonix said:

Good advice. Rogaine is for people who have noticeable loss and want to regain some ground. However, new studies and anecdotal evidence is showing that oral minoxidil may be more effective than finasteride... People are growing more hair than oral Fin, and Australia is running with it.

Oral min is the best treatment you can actually be on for getting regrowth that can be obtained from a prescription without serious hormonal intervention, the key word being regrowth. Nothing (yet) will replace fin for stopping loss though, at least not until a solid topical AA hits the market. The issue is that oral min is also no walk in the park as an oral medication. The list of potential (even serious) sides is huge. 

The problem with oral minoxidil is that you can never know for sure if by taking it you will grow hair in your head or in other parts of your body like back,chest etc.This is the difference between oral and topical minox,where the latter is applied on the scalp and stimulates the scalp hair growth and only.Another factor that needs to be taken into account before somebody is even considering starting oral minox is whether they are suffering from any heart diseases.From the little i know,oral minox can deteriorate the condition so i would be very cautious and sceptical before using it,at least you can take some medical exams and see where you are.Just out of curiosity,why don't you use finasteride?

On 3/27/2021 at 10:59 PM, hybonix said:

I would talk to a doctor about dosage and if it’s even worth taking. I think your hair looks great and your barely just starting to “feather” out. I’ll echo the others here, but do not take minoxidil. Do finasteride .5mg everyday to see how your body reacts to it. The first week you will feel off, cloudy and drained (at least for me). Others have had ball ache for a week, and some, nothing at all. Do not give it up and stick through the first 7-10 days.

I actually stairstepped it slowly to ensure I had no bad side effects. This is a very cautious approach but the efficacy of .25 mg and .5mg is close to 1mg standard dose per research, so you won’t miss out by starting slow:

.25mg everyday - 1 month

.5mg everyday - 1 month

1mg - M/W/F/SUN

You should be taking 1mg everyday though per research and doctors recommendation. However, I still stagger mine and the meds last much longer.

You can get prescriptions online through blink, keeps, and other websites for cheap. Blink and keeps are pricey and not worth it IMO. Find a doctor who can prescribe it or a reputable website that won’t overcharge you.

Good luck and don’t fret. You are in much better shape than most of us as you still have your natural hair.

Thanku for ur help sir...and I will be glad to share the results after the usage of fenasteride for 3 mnths atleast...I am hoping for the best and want to be positive whatever the thing it happens

On 3/30/2021 at 6:01 PM, hairman22 said:

why would he take fin?

I doubt he will ever need it.

Thank u for the reply sir...I am also in a. Dialomma to start it or not but I am losing my hair since 9months an it is still progressing..I can notice some gaps in the hair too..though I accept the fact that I am in a chronic stress full event beacuse of my pg prepartion for NEET exam 2021 here in India..may be that's the reason for the trigger ..but the only stress I am facing now is about my hairfall and I am so much disturbed that I lost my track over preparation too..I am bothered till how long it proceeds and at what age I become bald..I am searching for a positive motivation about it...and I am very glad if you could help and give me any suggestion...thank u sirr...