Getting ready for my first transplant

pictures

My goal is to get a square, straight hairline that starts just above the last wrinkle on my forehead when I pull my eyebrows up. I was told that's where a natural hairline should start. I want fully filled-in temples/temporal points that connect diagonally and laterally to the forelock, ie a straight hairline.

Thank you for the help

2 minutes ago, qui bono said:

I remember you from your other posts :) its going to be far too straight im afraid, when what you want to do is curve it slightly. this guy made the exact same mistake as you and it looks unnatural.

have you tried doing any consults (preferably in person) and asking them to draw a hairline for you? 

No, not in person, can't be arsed plus it's covid season. In my city there's no HT docs, I'd have to travel to the capital city 250km away from me. No thanks.

The most I'M willing to do curve-wise is get a NW2 instead of a NW1 completely straight hairline and that's it.

Because my temporal points are HORRIBLE. It's so nasty to look at.

By the way, when I drew that red line, I only did that to show where my natural hairline's supposed to start. Because I was told that your natural hairline is supposed to start just above the highest wrinkle on your forehead when you crease it

55 minutes ago, Drugs110 said:

pictures

My goal is to get a square, straight hairline that starts just above the last wrinkle on my forehead when I pull my eyebrows up. I was told that's where a natural hairline should start. I want fully filled-in temples/temporal points that connect diagonally and laterally to the forelock, ie a straight hairline.

Thank you for the help

I think you have got a strong forelock looking at the pics. If you went from the first hair at the front and curved into your temples you would get a good result. That line from above your first wrinkle would look ridiculous and progressively worse as you age. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, qui bono said:

im a little confused as you have incredibly well defined temple points. do you mean the temples? 

you can still send online consults and ask them to draw a hairline for you

I absolutely do not have them. well-defined temple points?

I remember a Dr doing that, he's from Turkey, one of the most well-known ones, I can't remember his name. But that hairline was way too high for me and that guy didn't care about the fact I want sharp and straight temple points. I'm OK with NW2 temples but that's the max limit here, I want a really good hairline. 

7 minutes ago, Richie888 said:

I think you have got a strong forelock looking at the pics. If you went from the first hair at the front and curved into your temples you would get a good result. That line from above your first wrinkle would look ridiculous and progressively worse as you age. 

I think you have got a strong forelock looking at the pics.

My forelock is way too high-set, it needs to be lowered.

If you went from the first hair at the front and curved into your temples you would get a good result.

No, I am convinced I need a slightly lower hairline AND very good temple points / fully filled-in (NW2 max) temples

That line from above your first wrinkle would look ridiculous and progressively worse as you age. 

True, but I'm only 24 and I want this hairline I'm talking about until I"m 30 maybe 35 if I'm really lucky. Meaning I don't care about how I'll look when I'm older. 

1 hour ago, Drugs110 said:

I absolutely do not have them. well-defined temple points?

I remember a Dr doing that, he's from Turkey, one of the most well-known ones, I can't remember his name. But that hairline was way too high for me and that guy didn't care about the fact I want sharp and straight temple points. I'm OK with NW2 temples but that's the max limit here, I want a really good hairline. 

I can't see your other pics but these are your temple points(which are strong and intact):

image.png.7b5b01e7a3e55020fe5dc205c47fe3c5.png

• Like 1

@Melvin-Moderator this young ambitious 24 year old needs guidance. He's demonstrating the very misconceived notion of only caring about his hair until he's 35. Drugs110, we all know what's it's like to start receding early. Most on this forum started noticing recession or crown thinning in their early 20's. Many have had the same thought that we want our juvenile hairline back. This is a very ill conceived plan at your age. Since you've shown loss early you will continue to lose, especially if not on medical therapy. No ethical surgeon will give you what you're asking for because they are trying to protect you from yourself and your desire to attain this boxy juveline hairline. Your donor is limited and you must treat it as a finite resource. Secondly, I think you're confused on terminology. Your temples have receded, not your temple points. Your temple points are very strong actually and trying to graft this area would open yourself up to shock loss. Trust the responses you get from this forum. We're trying to offer sound advice. The undeniable fact is that you most certainly will care about your hair past 35 so plan for the future. 

• Like 2

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

1 hour ago, BDK081522 said:

@Melvin-Moderator this young ambitious 24 year old needs guidance. He's demonstrating the very misconceived notion of only caring about his hair until he's 35. Drugs110, we all know what's it's like to start receding early. Most on this forum started noticing recession or crown thinning in their early 20's. Many have had the same thought that we want our juvenile hairline back. This is a very ill conceived plan at your age. Since you've shown loss early you will continue to lose, especially if not on medical therapy. No ethical surgeon will give you what you're asking for because they are trying to protect you from yourself and your desire to attain this boxy juveline hairline. Your donor is limited and you must treat it as a finite resource. Secondly, I think you're confused on terminology. Your temples have receded, not your temple points. Your temple points are very strong actually and trying to graft this area would open yourself up to shock loss. Trust the responses you get from this forum. We're trying to offer sound advice. The undeniable fact is that you most certainly will care about your hair past 35 so plan for the future. 

I have been on fin 1mg a day for 1 year now

If I lose my hair at, say, 35, then I'll get a quality hair system

Girls I want to date always make fun of my hairline and hair, calling me megamind etc I'm tired of it. They're very sensitive to guys who are young and balding. 

If I'm going to attract attractive girls, I'll need to fix my hairline.

As I have said previously, I'm fine with a NW2 hair transplant, giving me a NW2 hairline instead of a NW1. OK. But I absolutely must lower my hairline a tiny bit and much much more importantly, fix my temples completely

If I was a doctor, I would reject you because you're not making any sound decisions right now. You want to get a hair transplant cause some chick called you megamind? 

You think you're gonna get attractive girls because you go from a NW2 to a NW1? 

Trust me, it won't make a difference. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Getting a procedure that aggressive would be foolish and unnecessary. I recall you mentioned feeling unattractive to women and that being the sole reason for your desire for surgery. 

You have a perfectly good hairline that is natural. You could end up with something that looks fake and alien. A bad hair transplant is 1000x worse than a natural mature hairline.

Hairlines do not make you attractive, facial structure is a lot more important. If you want to get a cosmetic procedure to make you more attractive, believe me a hair transplant is not it.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, deeznuts said:

If I was a doctor, I would reject you because you're not making any sound decisions right now. You want to get a hair transplant cause some chick called you megamind? 

You think you're gonna get attractive girls because you go from a NW2 to a NW1? 

Trust me, it won't make a difference. 

No, I'd go from NW3 to a NW2

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Getting a procedure that aggressive would be foolish and unnecessary. I recall you mentioned feeling unattractive to women and that being the sole reason for your desire for surgery. 

You have a perfectly good hairline that is natural. You could end up with something that looks fake and alien. A bad hair transplant is 1000x worse than a natural mature hairline.

Hairlines do not make you attractive, facial structure is a lot more important. If you want to get a cosmetic procedure to make you more attractive, believe me a hair transplant is not it.

True, but the hairline's a part of the facial structure and it's very underrated when it comes to the framing of a face

3 hours ago, Drugs110 said:

True, but the hairline's a part of the facial structure and it's very underrated when it comes to the framing of a face

Well no... A NW1 is just a straight hairline like Brad Pitt. And a NW2 might be slight temple recession like you're seeing right now. You're going from NW2 to NW1 and especially you're probably hiding your temples with hair so it's not even that exaggerated

2 minutes ago, deeznuts said:

Well no... A NW1 is just a straight hairline like Brad Pitt. And a NW2 might be slight temple recession like you're seeing right now. You're going from NW2 to NW1 and especially you're probably hiding your temples with hair so it's not even that exaggerated

As you can see, I don't have my temples any more, they're completely bald, as such I'm a NW3, not a NW2.

4 minutes ago, Drugs110 said:

As you can see, I don't have my temples any more, they're completely bald, as such I'm a NW3, not a NW2.

You should probably do more research.... Check out some diagrams and look at some actual real life examples of NW2. 

• Like 2

Just now, deeznuts said:

You should probably do more research.... Check out some diagrams and look at some actual real life examples of NW2. 

Do you really believe I still have my temples in a NW2 fashion?

Agree with the others, your temple recession isn't deep enough to be classed as NW3 and your forelock is still quite wide. NW2 to 2.5 max.

I actually have virtually the same hairline, it's kind of uncanny actually. You also appear to have otherwise thick hair(I do too) and also a little retrograde alopecia around the ears(me too). Can you give more information about when you first noticed your hairline receding? Did you have a straight hairline to begin with?

Personally I don't think a transplant is out of the question but not from the line you drew.

Edited by BLE123
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, BLE123 said:

Agree with the others, your temple recession isn't deep enough to be classed as NW3 and your forelock is still quite wide. NW2 to 2.5 max.

I actually have virtually the same hairline, it's kind of uncanny actually. You also appear to have otherwise thick hair(I do too) and also a little retrograde alopecia around the ears(me too). Can you give more information about when you first noticed your hairline receding? Did you have a straight hairline to begin with?

Personally I don't think a transplant is out of the question but not from the line you drew.

I was probably born with a very weird hairline, I don't think it ever was straight

I noticed recession at around 18 years of age

There have been other cases on here with guys who have less recession getting surgery so I definitely don't see it as being out of the question:

You just have to weigh up the risk vs reward as your hair is hardly in a terrible state, if you find a good surgeon though that risk can be minimised.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Drugs110 said:

You are not a Norwood 3. It’s important when you no longer have a hairline, but Norwood 2 to Norwood 1 makes no difference aesthetically. 

This guy doesn’t have problems getting dates
image.jpeg

Now if he looked like this, yea it would affect his appearance. But a mature hairline has no affect.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, qui bono said:

Melvin can you finally start a website called "notbetterbald" where you just photoshop movie stars like Cavill as NW7's? Its kind of amazing just how much of a difference a hairline can make

And I agree with everyone else here -definitely not a nW3 yet. You have mild recession - which although I imagine at your age it really bothers you - still puts you in NW2 territory.

Hahaha not a bad idea, but I’d just make it a category of the forum haha

View my thread