Hair Thinning and falling after 3 years of hair transplant

Hi.

I did my first hair transplant for the front area on Jan 2017 then followed by two surgeries on 2018 and 2019.. recently my hair is getting very dry and falls . i tried many topical products like essential oils, biotin spray and recently folligen since it has a lot of positive reviews. i'm getting Zinc and biotin all the time as well . also PRP last year .. any advise ? 

Edited by orlando3x

Are you on a DHT blocker like finasteride or dutasteride?

• Like 1

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

• Administrators

You should consider oral minoxidil if you can’t tolerate finasteride 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

57 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You should consider oral minoxidil if you can’t tolerate finasteride 

Melvin have you started yet? I’m considering Oral Minox as well but still not 100% sure. Really curious about people with water retention issues, facial bloating and course the issues with pulse give me some pause :/.

20 hours ago, orlando3x said:

No i'm not .. i had a lot of side effect with Oral DHT Blocker. any topical product can replace it ? 

Thanks 

1. Some hair doctors have their own topical finasteride or topical dutasteride solution that they prescribe. I'm not sure which doctors though.

2. There's also Morr-F which is a topical fin/min combo that you can buy online on eBay and other websites. @Dr. Suhail Khokhar uses it.

3. There's oral minoxidil (also known as Loniten) too like stated above. It has its own side effects so I would do research and see if it works out for you.

4. You can also use ketoconazole/nizoral shampoo three or four times a week. It helps inhibit DHT.

5. You can add a Vitamin D supplement too if you have a deficiency from the pandemic like a lot of people these days.

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

9 hours ago, Style22 said:

Melvin have you started yet? I’m considering Oral Minox as well but still not 100% sure. Really curious about people with water retention issues, facial bloating and course the issues with pulse give me some pause :/.

I don't use Oral Minoxidil but for the water retention you can take a Taurine supplement for it.

There's also Dandelion Root but it's an actual diuretic and it might give you side effects if you use it too much.