if your dad is norwood 6 does it mean his son will be norwood 6 too

No.  Everyone's DNA and body is different.  For every case of Son ending up like Dad, there is Son with NW1 and Dad with NW7. 

Old wives tales take a long time to die. 

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Administrators

No, I’m Norwood 6 my dad is 63 Norwood 2. It can happen the other way also.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

IMO bald gene predictors is a bit of a junk science. There's really no firm way to tell how you will end up. Something like height can definitely be more readily predicted based on parents, family, etc. But even if every male in your family is a wolverine, there is still a chance you can experience hairloss. 

I think age of onset can be a better predictor of future hairloss than family genes. For example, if you have perfect hair up until say 40, then start experiencing very minor hairloss, chances are you will never be a NW7. Whereas if you start experiencing significant hairloss in your early 20s, chances are the Norwood reaper will continue to haunt you...

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

IMO bald gene predictors is a bit of a junk science. There's really no firm way to tell how you will end up. Something like height can definitely be more readily predicted based on parents, family, etc. But even if every male in your family is a wolverine, there is still a chance you can experience hairloss. 

I think age of onset can be a better predictor of future hairloss than family genes. For example, if you have perfect hair up until say 40, then start experiencing very minor hairloss, chances are you will never be a NW7. Whereas if you start experiencing significant hairloss in your early 20s, chances are the Norwood reaper will continue to haunt you...

I agree.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.