Don't Research Backwards- Steps on How To Research Your Hair Transplant Surgeon

• Administrators

No one ever buys a house and then says 'hmm what's the neighborhood like' or buys a car and says 'what does it drive like.' If you find yourself in the situation where you've made an impulsive decision to book with a surgeon without thoroughly researching them first, do yourself a favor and take the loss. Money comes and goes, but your donor supply is finite. Do things right the first time around. I wish I did, I made a mistake the first time I had a hair transplant, and it cost me dearly. @aaron1234 has a similar story as well. If I could have done it over again I would lose the money instead of the grafts. I'm going to outline how you should research a surgeon below:

Step #1- Register on this forum

Step #2- Use our Advanced Search Page

Step #3- Look up threads that go from start to finish. Ignore the threads that have no pictures and don't show the progression of the hair transplant. Those are as useless as Yelp and Google reviews.

Step #- 4 Make sure you set up several consultations  don't consult with one doctor and then choose them right away because he/she says what you want to hear. Consult with several, get a general consensus for the cost and the amount of grafts you will need. 

Step #5- Ask hard questions- for example, what's the experience of the surgeons team. What's their involvement? What will they do if the procedure fails? Lastly, ask to see some patients in real life. If you find someone here nice enough to zoom than that would be just as good. 

Our forum is an invaluable resource when used properly. You wouldn't sign up to a gym thinking 'right, I have two weeks to get a six pack.' It doesn't work that way. Research slowly, speak to several doctors, and be sure to join into our weekly Instagram live sessions where we host live Q&A's. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, kramer79 said:

What was the mistake you made the first time around?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.