after i shaved my head for the first time i did found this tiny little white spots all over my head even on the sides and the back

• Administrators

I’m not sure, it could be a mild case of alopecia areata or scarring alopecia. You need to consult with a dermatologist. I do see what you’re talking about 

B4F0FEE2-E32C-4778-BB7E-3BB17F6410F5.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

33 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’m not sure, it could be a mild case of alopecia areata or scarring alopecia. You need to consult with a dermatologist. I do see what you’re talking about 

B4F0FEE2-E32C-4778-BB7E-3BB17F6410F5.jpeg

i do got these empty spots even  at the back scalp and also on the sides i am really worry 

i  will visit a derm in 8 days 

yea since i've been shaving during lockdown i see some of that on my head too, i have a scarring alopecia. Some people have redness in those areas where its active, and itching, burning. There doesn't have too be those skin surface symptoms though, everything can feel and look fine and it can still be active under the skin damaging and eventually destroying the hair follicles, leaving behind those 'white spots'. Scarring alopecias are pretty rare thankfully, and difficult to treat. Sometimes they go into remission for a while and then flare up again. If that's what you have/had, hopefully its in a permanent remission.

Just to add, be sure to rule out if you do have a scarring alopecia before doing any hair transplants. Because if you transplant hairs into the scarred areas and the condition is active, or if it activates again, it will destroy those transplanted hairs too. I've read on some clinic sites that they want your condition to be in remission for at least a few years before considering transplanting hairs into those areas.

5 minutes ago, ciaus said:

yea since i've been shaving during lockdown i see some of that on my head too, i have a scarring alopecia. Some people have redness in those areas where its active, and itching, burning. There doesn't have too be those skin surface symptoms though, everything can feel and look fine and it can still be active under the skin damaging and eventually destroying the hair follicles, leaving behind those 'white spots'. Scarring alopecias are pretty rare thankfully, and difficult to treat. Sometimes they go into remission for a while and then flare up again. If that's what you have/had, hopefully its in a permanent remission.

oh shit did you already treat them or did you visit a derma?

Just now, ciaus said:

yea i see a dermatologist, manage occasional flareups with some topical medications.

i am sorry i know i am asking to much, but i am realy scared to lose my hair  may i ask if your hair grow back normaly and the names of the medication if you know please

Once the hair follicles under the skin are destroyed, the scarring forms, and that hair from those follicles won't ever grow back. Some people just have the condition in one area of the head, sometimes it can also spread to other areas of the head too. That's why its so important for someone that does have one of these conditions to be diagnosed and get it under control with medications asap. I had redness and some swelling in my case and the doctor removed some skin from that area with a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis. The topicals I use are Elidel, Clobetasol and Dermasmoothe scalp oil.

19 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Once the hair follicles under the skin are destroyed, the scarring forms, and that hair from those follicles won't ever grow back. Some people just have the condition in one area of the head, sometimes it can also spread to other areas of the head too. That's why its so important for someone that does have one of these conditions to be diagnosed and get it under control with medications asap. I had redness and some swelling in my case and the doctor removed some skin from that area with a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis. The topicals I use are Elidel, Clobetasol and Dermasmoothe scalp oil.

thanks for your time wish you the best

37 minutes ago, ciaus said:

np and stay positive, try not to dwell on the worse case scenario, wait for the doctor's diagnosis. Its been over two years since i've had a flareup and I'm keeping the faith it never comes back.

i will , if he said after i visit him i got nothing i will jump on your suggestion either and buy the medicament to be in the safe position

• Administrators
2 hours ago, carlitosito said:

i do got these empty spots even  at the back scalp and also on the sides i am really worry 

i  will visit a derm in 8 days 

Sounds like alopecia areata.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

How does your hair look when grown out?  I think you are waay overthinking this. How old are you ?

Edited by voxman

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Administrators
20 hours ago, carlitosito said:

should i post a pic for my back head ?

Sure

View my thread