Do i have male pattern baldness *HELP*

wvsqt

Sorry for the dramatic title, but just today i've noticed the weirdest thing within the top of my head, and that the hair seems missing or weak. Due to corona i've messed with my hair myself and sometimes it happens that i cut too deep with the scissors, i've always had thick hair and no one in my family was bald from my dads and my moms side (as far as close relatives go), here are some pictures, im in a big time panic mode, sent these pictures to mum and friends they say its nothing and that its normal, what do you guys think? (Im 21 btw, bleached my hair twice a year ago, after that went bald to re-grow new hair)

unknown.png

IMG_20210111_134930.jpg

IMG_20210111_135859.jpg

IMG_20210111_142926.jpg

• Administrators

Does look like some diffuse hair loss. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Your family is not a great indicator imo. Family tend to try to give you the easier and more emotional response and tell you not to worry when they themselves don't have a clue with whats going on. It is likely that you have been slowly thinning over the last few years or so and you have only just noticed, this happens quite often with many guys struggling with hair loss. If this is something you've genuinely noticed "overnight" so to say, or over a short period of time, it may be related to something other than male pattern baldness. However as a lot of the members have come to understand on here, hair loss is due to MPB 95% of the time. 

I would recommend you consult with a good dermatologist, trichologist or a reputable hair transplant surgeon near you. 

8 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Your family is not a great indicator imo. Family tend to try to give you the easier and more emotional response and tell you not to worry when they themselves don't have a clue with whats going on

So true. Family members, especially moms - will never tell you the truth in terms of objective attractiveness, etc. 

thanks a lot each and everyone of you who took the time to respond, either way as soon as i get caught up on a bit of extra money im gonna make sure i take care of this problem and visit docs office, do blood tests and consult with the professional, much love and i wish you the best on your hair restoration journey ❤️

• Like 1

Yup, looks like the early stages of MPB to me.  You still got a lot of hair, so definitely consider getting on finasteride to hold on to what you have.  Getting blood tests are fine and dandy, but you'll also probably want to get a miniaturization check with a reputable hair transplant surgeon.  Just don't rush into surgery, whatever you do, especially if you're only 21. 

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group