Recession or normal hairline? Should i consider a HT?

Hello, mature hairline for 3 years now. Noticed the inner corners appear a bit weak with baby hairs. Is this a sign of thinning or a normal hairline? I think about going to a doctor so he can check me but im hoping to hear opiniln

20210102_231120.jpg

20210102_231101.jpg

20210102_205437.jpg

Don't do anything now. This is just a maturing hairline. I had such a hairline at 23 and only got an HT at 26, when my temples and corners had receded. 

Naturally, your hairline is going to push back with age. But you absolutely DON'T need an HT atm. Revaluate maybe a couple of years down the line.

Edited by Captain Haddock
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Captain Haddock said:

Don't do anything now. This is just a maturing hairline. I had such a hairline at 23 and only got an HT at 26, when my temples and corners had receded. 

Naturally, your hairline is going to push back with age. But you absolutely DON'T need an HT atm. Revaluate maybe a couple of years down the line.

+1 .. what the Captain said 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Haddock said:

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

+1 .. what the Captain said 

Thank you guys.

How do i know if its a MPB or seemply mature hairline? How long/first signs to appear? Can a doctor decide now?

Is a HT viable at age 25 to become a NW 1 for a while?

Edited by Dutcherss

4 hours ago, Dutcherss said:

Some more photos

20210102_180646.jpg.25ed3514c45073b1b6f4b7eabf3b34ae.jpg

Even if it were MBP in your case it would be very slow progressing, which is quite normal with age to be passed off as a mature hairline. 

Revaluate what you see a couple of years down the line and get a HT only when you hit a NW2 minimum. You're barely a NW1. Some docs might even classify you as a NW 0.

Don't jump on any medication or pills or anything right now. Those are for people with rapid MPB. There's every chance this may stabilize, or has already (like you mentioned). Mine stabilized after 2 years of slow progression. 

I hope you don't worry about this for now, for I know I went batshit crazy at 23 when I saw my receding hairline. 

Edited by Captain Haddock

Things seem alright at the moment. I wouldn't jump into anything at this stage unless there is a clear percentage of miniaturization seen on dermoscopy. For this you might need to monitor and see someone who can examine it to monitor the progression if any. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

2 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Things seem alright at the moment. I wouldn't jump into anything at this stage unless there is a clear percentage of miniaturization seen on dermoscopy. For this you might need to monitor and see someone who can examine it to monitor the progression if any. 

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Can I ask how old you are? You appear quite young and it appears to be a maturing hairline. As all of the above have stated it's fine and you have a hairline to kill for. All the best!

9 hours ago, Captain Haddock said:

Even if it were MBP in your case it would be very slow progressing, which is quite normal with age to be passed off as a mature hairline. 

Revaluate what you see a couple of years down the line and get a HT only when you hit a NW2 minimum. You're barely a NW1. Some docs might even classify you as a NW 0.

Don't jump on any medication or pills or anything right now. Those are for people with rapid MPB. There's every chance this may stabilize, or has already (like you mentioned). Mine stabilized after 2 years of slow progression. 

I hope you don't worry about this for now, for I know I went batshit crazy at 23 when I saw my receding hairline. 

Hello all and thank you for the reply. I am 23. I was just to a well known HT doctor who had canceltion and he said this.

The temples are going a bit deeper. No other sign of hairloss anywhere (scalp/sides/front hairline) at this point impossible to say if balding or mature hairline. Need to monitor. Currently NW1.5

He said he didnt need the microscope and checked with naked eyes

No need to even touch Fin or HT now.

Following this is there a chance once the current hairline deepens the loss will end? That it is simply maturing of the hair? Is it possible this is the start of MPB if only the temples are going in or most likley mature? Thank you

Edited by Dutcherss

1 hour ago, Dutcherss said:

Hello all and thank you for the reply. I am 23. I was just to a well known HT doctor who had canceltion and he said this.

The temples are going a bit deeper. No other sign of hairloss anywhere (scalp/sides/front hairline) at this point impossible to say if balding or mature hairline. Need to monitor. Currently NW1.5

He said he didnt need the microscope and checked with naked eyes

No need to even touch Fin or HT now.

Following this is there a chance once the current hairline deepens the loss will end? That it is simply maturing of the hair? Is it possible this is the start of MPB if only the temples are going in or most likley mature? Thank you

This won't be what you're wanting to hear but .. nobody knows.

You could have the same hairline by the time you're 50 or you could be slick bald. As it stands you're worrying over nothing, just because your hairline moved up a little bit doesn't mean it won't stay there. If you're aggressively thinning/receding in your late teens/early 20s then you can be pretty sure where you're heading but otherwise it's pretty much just a guessing game. If it helps though, I had the same hairline as you at 23, now at 30 the corners have crept slightly inwards/upwards in the past couple of year so now NW2-2.5.

As for when the "right time" is to get a HT I don't think there is one. Whether you're an NW2 or NW6 you're still going to start with the hairline anyway so why wait until you're bald to start? The only point I see is that a lot of young guys will go for a stupidly low and juvenile hairline(no ethical Dr would perform this) so if they lose a lot of their remaining hair later on they probably won't have the donor to cover the loss.

13 minutes ago, BLE123 said:

This won't be what you're wanting to hear but .. nobody knows.

You could have the same hairline by the time you're 50 or you could be slick bald. As it stands you're worrying over nothing, just because your hairline moved up a little bit doesn't mean it won't stay there. If you're aggressively thinning/receding in your late teens/early 20s then you can be pretty sure where you're heading but otherwise it's pretty much just a guessing game. If it helps though, I had the same hairline as you at 23, now at 30 the corners have crept slightly inwards/upwards in the past couple of year so now NW2-2.5.

As for when the "right time" is to get a HT I don't think there is one. Whether you're an NW2 or NW6 you're still going to start with the hairline anyway so why wait until you're bald to start? The only point I see is that a lot of young guys will go for a stupidly low and juvenile hairline(no ethical Dr would perform this) so if they lose a lot of their remaining hair later on they probably won't have the donor to cover the loss.

Is a NW1 realistic goal for an for a HT? For example go for NW1 at 26-27 and see if it needs up keeping. Or just better to go with something more modest like NW2 

You don't need a HT yet but should consider preventative measures.

Finasteride, something in the range of 0.5-1.25mg 3 times a week or similar.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

4 hours ago, 1978matt said:

You don't need a HT yet but should consider preventative measures.

Finasteride, something in the range of 0.5-1.25mg 3 times a week or similar.

Why is that? There is no indication of currebt MPB and Fin is such an overkill. Shouldnt i keep watch instead? I rather HT my mature hairline 10 years from now rather than rush a drug with severe symptoms