Third transplant, worried about donor depletion

I have had two prior procedures, one FUT, for 3300 grafts, and a second procedure, for around 4000 grafts, and am looking into a third, and hopefully final procedure, to increase density in the crown. My first procedure was a failure, but I am extremely happy with the results of the second procedure, even though I was initially worried.

Before my second procedure, I contacted Dr Wong, HLC clinic, as well as Dr Demirsoy. Dr Wong, suggested an FUT procedure, but mentioned that he may only be able to obtain another 3500 grafts, which unfortunately was not enough, for what I needed. HLC, suggested a FUE, procedure, and gave a similar estimate for 3500 grafts, mentioning, that they could not transplant the crown, and to undergo SMP instead. Dr Demirsoy refused to operate, on me altogether, and mentioned that my donor area, was weak. Going into my second procedure, I was worried about donor depletion, but a year later, my donor area looks really good, and some doctors I have contacted  are pretty sure, I can get an extra, 3000 grafts. On the other hand, some other doctors have mentioned that my donor area is depleted, and that further extractions will not be possible, so I am once again a bit confused, about who to believe. I want to maximize my donor area, but at the same time, don't want it to be overharvested. I have had about ten consultations so far, with a 50-50 split either way, so I am not sure how to proceed, from here on.

Edited by rob2470
Title needed changing

• rob2470 changed the title to Third transplant, worried about donor depletion

Yes, let's some pictures

I would go for the surgery with FUT to harvest 3.500 grafts. You can then graft both scars with BHT to restore them

I would then go for your FUE surgery , maybe they can take another 2.000 grafts. 

I would then do Fit Farming to to add a few thousands BHT grafts to your donor and finished it up with SMP

You will manage to get much more grafts out, have a good looking donor and probably have 500-1000 FUE to spare for a final touch up in a few years.

Here is a picture of a strip scar repaired with just 300 grafts by Dr Mwamba

You can read more about fit farming here: https://fueclinic.com/services/surgery/fit-farming/

hola2.jpg

hola3.jpg

14 hours ago, mustang said:

Yes, let's some pictures

I would go for the surgery with FUT to harvest 3.500 grafts. You can then graft both scars with BHT to restore them

I would then go for your FUE surgery , maybe they can take another 2.000 grafts. 

I would then do Fit Farming to to add a few thousands BHT grafts to your donor and finished it up with SMP

You will manage to get much more grafts out, have a good looking donor and probably have 500-1000 FUE to spare for a final touch up in a few years.

Here is a picture of a strip scar repaired with just 300 grafts by Dr Mwamba

You can read more about fit farming here: https://fueclinic.com/services/surgery/fit-farming/

hola2.jpg

hola3.jpg

Wow this looks amazing, is your crown transplanted? 

On 12/24/2020 at 2:50 PM, dobler said:

would you share some photos of current state and previous procedures results?

I have asked the clinic that did my second procedure, for preop pics, once I get those, I will post them, along with the results thus far. As for my first procedure, I have not kept in contact with the clinic that did my transplant, mainly because I was disappointed in the results, since only 800, maybe less of the grafts actually grew.