Shampoo/Shower 11 Days Post-Op

Guys I'm 11 days out of surgery and I'm thinking of having my first normal shower either tonight or within the next 2 days. With regards to washing - standing under a hot shower - and forcefully rubbing shampoo into and out of my scalp will I be ok?

It would be great if there were any videos I could watch that provide demonstrations.

4 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Guys I'm 11 days out of surgery and I'm thinking of having my first normal shower either tonight or within the next 2 days. With regards to washing - standing under a hot shower - and forcefully rubbing shampoo into and out of my scalp will I be ok?

It would be great if there were any videos I could watch that provide demonstrations.

I resumed normal showering after 14 days. Gently massaging the scabs that hadn’t shed yet. 

• Like 2

Yesterday was my day 11 and I showered with shampoo and warm water. I think everything is pretty much alright at this point and you'd really need a surgical instrument to remove the grafts. 

Here's a study that says that by day 9 even if you pull the scabs it has zero effect on the root:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16442039/

Edited by Captain Haddock
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys. Great advice.

Can anyone tell me what effect would it have if you splashed  hot water over the head during the healing process. I washed with water that was a bit warmer than usual on like day 6. I did it by accident. It was hot but not scorching. Was this risky?

Just now, Rossybop said:

Thanks guys. Great advice.

Can anyone tell me what effect would it have if you splashed  hot water over the head during the healing process. I washed with water that was a bit warmer than usual on like day 6. I did it by accident. It was hot but not scorching. Was this risky?

No risk doing that on day 6. You can stop worrying 😜

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

My clinic specifically instructed me not to take hot showers. Don't get it why you insisted.

I was awkwardly washing my body in a hot shower and then when I cooled the water down to fill a jug up with water some hot water went in with the cold water and the result was that I ended up washing my head in water that was kind of hot.

5 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

I was awkwardly washing my body in a hot shower and then when I cooled the water down to fill a jug up with water some hot water went in with the cold water and the result was that I ended up washing my head in water that was kind of hot.

I am sending you a Mr Bump book for Xmas 😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

I am sending you a Mr Bump book for Xmas 😂

Never heard of Mr Bump, so I had to image search him of course. I can just picture the next @Rossybop inspired book in the series....

And if you keep bumping your head the bandaged look is another way to conceal your hair loss! :D

image.png.306709eec7ab6749b8a064e551ba6de6.png

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Never heard of Mr Bump, so I had to image search him of course. I can just picture the next @Rossybop inspired book in the series....

And if you keep bumping your head the bandaged look is another way to conceal your hair loss! :D

image.png.306709eec7ab6749b8a064e551ba6de6.png

Hahahah very good! I remember them books when I was a kid, wow, memories. I literally laughed out loud. Thanks for the giggle lol!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rossybop said:

Hahahah very good! I remember them books when I was a kid, wow, memories. I literally laughed out loud. Thanks for the giggle lol!

Well when I posted that I couldn’t actually decide between Mr Bump or Mr Clumsy to be honest 😂🤣😂

• Haha 1