2nd HT: 5210 Grafts FUE with Asmed (Dr. Koray Erdogan)

Mario_s90

Dear all,

just coming back from Turkey, I just would like to share my story with you over the next months. 

Now, 5 years after I had my first HT (FUT) with Hattingenhair, I wanted to improve my hair situation with a 2nd surgery. I decided to go for FUE this time in order to keep my donor as "homogenous" as possible, not taking all grafts just from one line again. My decision to go for Asmed and Dr. Koray was mainly driven by the overall good results I saw in several forums like this one here. Seeing that the amount of unsatisfied patients seemed to increased over the last year(s) made me a little sceptical, but my appointment with Asmed was booked and I decided to finally go for it. 

I won't describe the whole procedure of the three days as everything has been said by lot of members in this forum here - all i can say is that the organization was very professionell (also dealing with the current Covid situation) and I felt I was in good hands at all time.

Attached please see some pre-op pictures both with dry and wet hair as well as picture right after the surgery. Last picture shows day 2 after surgery. 

Looking forward to sharing and exchanging with you!

_DSC5314.thumb.JPG.02b56bb9745fbc5cc5f8ae8b1a646386.JPG

_DSC5312.JPG

_1.JPG

_2.JPG

9428_Ust_2.JPG

9503_Vertex.JPG9505_Ust.thumb.JPG.b0aead9dbcbeed326f3f82c3570eef1e.JPG    9506_Arka.thumb.JPG.2cda798b52bc8c34d5bb5598dcceaf74.JPG2_day_post_op.thumb.jpg.0630bf03201f5a8420fb363c032c6a18.jpg103C4C15-8FC8-4221-91D5-33D17EF3AEE4.thumb.JPEG.84a145894380c4b913da2972c707caf9.JPEG

Edited by Mario_s90
  • Like 1

Sorry- forget to tell! Currently I am 30 years old, which means I've had the FUT with 25 age. Unfortunately I didn't use Finasterid before (which I started now with the 2nd HT), why I probably lost some of the transplanted hair from the FUT over the last years. The graft amount of the FUT in 2015 was almost the same (5300).

21 minutes ago, Mario_s90 said:

Sorry- forget to tell! Currently I am 30 years old, which means I've had the FUT with 25 age. Unfortunately I didn't use Finasterid before (which I started now with the 2nd HT), why I probably lost some of the transplanted hair from the FUT over the last years. The graft amount of the FUT in 2015 was almost the same (5300).

Why do you think you lost previously transplanted hair? Your hair shaved does not show the scar out of your safe zone and it has not dipped that far down. Perhaps you lost some existing native hair. But now you should be good as you will have a total of 10k grafts.

8 minutes ago, deitel130 said:

Why do you think you lost previously transplanted hair? Your hair shaved does not show the scar out of your safe zone and it has not dipped that far down. Perhaps you lost some existing native hair. But now you should be good as you will have a total of 10k grafts.

I totally agree with you - based on the pictures the scar is completely located in the safe zone. It's just a personal gut feeling that the 1-year result looked more dense than it does now. I will try to find and upload some pictures from these days...

6 hours ago, WildBlueberry said:

This should be a great result. How many grafts do u have left?

Dr. Erdogan estimated a remaining donor capcity of ~7.800 (before my second HT). Based on this assumption, there would be ~2.500 left. But as I am really scared of overharvested donors (esp. with my FUT scar), I am pretty sure this was my last HT ... 😃

• Like 2

Wow! It looks great!

I’m confident it is going to make a big difference in your appearance in a few months time.

I believe you made the right decision going for a FUE after your first strip surgery.

The hair/grafts number is really good and potentially should cover your scalp with a discrete density.

keep it up mate, it’ll be a good one!✌️

Thank you guys! Today, one of the bigger scabs including 4-5 tiny hairs  fell of. Afterwards, I noticed a red dot on the scalp, like a small open sore. Tried to make a picture of it. do you think grafts have been fallen out? 

09D8C67B-109F-4982-8129-3267D264ED87.jpeg

Edited by Mario_s90

Wow, you are at 10 500 grafts over two procedures, impressive.

It would be super valuable if you had some pre/post OP pics of your first procedure as well. How long before you 2nd procedure did you start with FIN? Would be interesting to see as extraction expand very high up and it appears indeed that you hair on top has miniaturized. Which is very odd, as it was from a strip procedure. 

Everything looks great so far, happy growing

Everything looks great. Density also looks good even with the fact you probably have already started shedding and it still looks like excellent coverage. Imaging once all that grows in. Now for time to run its course.

You had mentioned that you previously also had 5200 grafts in 2015. Is everything on too all transplanted hairs now?

Edited by deitel130