Is this a mature hairline or a receding hairline? I’m 17

Nogomi

Sorry, I just found your post from last year where you mentioned that. 

Well, compared to those photos I would say it's progressing rather fast. 😕 Especially on the right side.

It's not bad, I just wouldn't let it go any further, now it's the best time to stop it, or end up regretting later. 😕

Hello again, thanks for responding last time, but I have a few more pictures I
would like you to look at. I have some friends who have a triangle shaped curve at the edge of their hairline. I believe this is normal and is a mature hairline and I’m wondering if mine is that or a receding hairline.

D84243F8-6013-4018-A2A8-363E52F6E752.jpeg

73719B15-CE79-436C-9470-58EDB3C9AF1C.jpeg

6556B8DD-648A-40F6-A0FC-F13BE5981F45.jpeg

It looks like it's receding yeah but...  I wouldn't worry too much right now, you are just 17.  I would visit a hair doctor and see what he says... but I wouldn't even consider a HT at this point...

Also, some outdoor photos?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it could be looking at your earlier posts for comparison.  However right now it's at a spot most of us would kill for post surgery.  I would definitely talk to a doctor about Finasteride when you're 18, it's easy and it's cheap (I started losing mine very slowly at 16).  It nearly stopped mine in it's tracks when I started taking it at 25, unfortunately it's a commitment though, as once I stopped taking at 28, well it caught up, and I just had a hair transplant at 31.

Edited by uklex0608

My Hair Transplant: 12/14/2020, 2,380 FUT, Dr. Konior
Medication:  Finasteride 1mg daily (most days I remember)

definitely a receding hairline - thinking this is anything else is just denial. Recession at the very young age of 17 will lead to significant balding in your 20s. Hop on Fin asap. Also see your primary doc and/or a dermatologist to rule out any causes other than male pattern baldness. 

• Administrators

Do you have hair loss in your family? If yes, than it is likely receding slightly. No need to go crazy, you’ve reached it at the perfect time, if you start meds now, you’ll save your hair for many years to come. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The weird thing is that I don’t. My grandpa on my mother’s side had almost all his hair when he died around 70 years old and my dad who is 60 has only very minor hair loss. Admittedly my grandpa on my dads side did start losing his hair at around 40 years old, but I see no reason to think that my hair should start falling out at 17. I have looked at my crown and it looks no worse than it was 1 year ago, so I am mostly just confused.

Edited by Nogomi

Stress and excess styling can also cause hair loss. My grandfather died in his 90s with movie star hair and my dads 84 with enviable hair

I suffer from anxiety and stress which no doubt led to my hair loss

I am no expert but echo an earlier comment that your hair looks great