Tips to speed recovery of recipient area after shockloss

All, I'm dealing with shockloss of previously existing transplanted hair where I had a second pass (not shedding of newly transplanted hair but existing transplanted hairs). From what I gather this is fairly common and so I wanted to get advice from other members on similar experiences.

At how many months did the shockloss of existing healthy hair grow back?

What if any recommendations do you have to speed up the recovery time (minoxidil, vitamins etc...)?

I was on Finasteride but my understanding is that Finasteride cannot prevent shockloss but it strengthens existing native hair so that the shockloss is not permanent. To me it seems there is no way to truly prevent shockloss. Some people experience it while others don't and by the same person not all surgeries cause it. With my first HT I had a lot of miniturized hair but I didn't really experience shockloss.

I wonder if anyone has experience with biotin or msm to speed up recovery from shockloss or whether it would only work on hair which was not shocked.

7 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

I've heard MSM tablets can help speed up growth.. I know @Rolandas used them.

Still do 😁

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

31 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Have you seen any benefits, Rolandas?

I think I still have some MSM powder lying somewhere. 😁

I'm sure my hair grows tiny bit faster, if not, it's a good benefit for my joints :D

• Like 3

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.